Let's discuss the idiots on Reality TV

Jazzy G

‘Rise & Fall’, a new reality show from the creators of The Traitors starts on Channel 4 on Sunday:

The show will see 16 members of the public, from all walks of life and ages, begin the game as equals but soon find themselves either in a position of power as a “ruler” or as part of the powerless as a “grafter”.

The grafters will be living in basic conditions in a basement while the rulers live in a penthouse.

The grafters work to complete a series of physically demanding games and challenges to build a cash prize fund only the rulers can win.

The rulers must encourage the grafters to work harder, but if they push too hard they might find themselves toppled from power.

Anyone can rise to a position of power and anyone can fall, which will be decided by the other players.

At the end of the game, only one ruler will have the chance of winning the prize fund.

20 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

That sounds so fucking British doesn't it? 

Strategy has to be “Adopt a posh and aristocratic accent and demeanour because Brits are naturally wired to be subservient lickspittles to people they consider better than themselves. Forelock tugging bedwetters” You’d win easily. 

The interviews were complete garbage this year, not helped by the proposed businesses being pretty mundane (another pick n mix business!?).  In fact the whole series has felt like a massive step down, which is really saying something considering the declining quality over recent years.  

Married At First Sight Australia (Season 6)

Normally, I hate this kind of shit but a few people had said how the Australian version is unlike all the others so we've given it a go. Six was apparently the best season so we jumped straight into there.

We've just watched the first dinner party and they're now all moving in together and I AM ALL IN ON THIS!

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Married At First Sight Australia (Season 6)

Normally, I hate this kind of shit but a few people had said how the Australian version is unlike all the others so we've given it a go. Six was apparently the best season so we jumped straight into there.

We've just watched the first dinner party and they're now all moving in together and I AM ALL IN ON THIS!

My girlfriend is obsessed with this. The sheer volume of episodes per series is mind blowing (32 episodes, all of the between 60 and 90 minutes) and it follows the cracking formula of putting the very worst type of fame seekers you'd hate to have in Big Brother and matching them up.

The last season had a cracking episode where someone cheated on her partner because they didn't have a deep connection. The things she liked were EDM, the gym and breakfast. 

• Paid Members

Watched Traitors over the last few days. What a gripping series it was. I was almost rooting for Wilf towards the end because he'd played it so well, but the final twist was beautiful, and I love how they still all parted on good terms. Claudia Winkleman was awesome as well. 

I've started on the American one now. Alan Cumming looks like he's having a great time, but some of the contestants are as annoying as holy heck, particularly "my great great granddad's cousin was Sherlock Holmes" woman. What a dullard. 

11 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Alan Cumming looks like he's having a great time,

Isn’t he just?  I loved him in the role, I’ve even taken to calling American currency in his manner, it’s Littlefinger-esque! And his outfits are sensational!  And Kate is anything but dull, for shame!! #TeamKate

• Paid Members

Is anyone watching Rise and Fall? Very similar concept and execution as The Traitors. About halfway through now and whilst I'll likely continue to the end, it lacks the charm of the Traitors and hasn't grabbed me in the same way. 

Also, Channel 4 seem to have something in the contract that women need to let the goods hang out. Crikey.