Let's discuss the idiots on Reality TV

Jazzy G

2 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

These fuckin' Traitors cliffhangers, man. It's like how TV used to be in the old days, where an episode will leave you right on the edge with no choice but to wait until next week to find out what happened. I love this show so much.

I'm trying to be good and only watch one a night just so I can spread it out a bit and not skip ahead. The temptation is awful 😐

I've just "acquired" the US, Australian, Canadian and New Zealand versions of the Traitors. I started watching the US one tonight, but only lasted a few minutes because one of the contestants - while doing their solo intro piece to camera - claimed to be related to Sherlock Holmes. I'm not sure if I can bear to watch anyone that stupid. Alan Cummings seems like a shite choice of host, too. Far too kooky. 

8 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

I've just "acquired" the US, Australian, Canadian and New Zealand versions of the Traitors. I started watching the US one tonight, but only lasted a few minutes because one of the contestants - while doing their solo intro piece to camera - claimed to be related to Sherlock Holmes. I'm not sure if I can bear to watch anyone that stupid. Alan Cummings seems like a shite choice of host, too. Far too kooky. 

I'd say it's worth sticking with. I think you get used to it and it ends up being really entertaining. I do watch a lot of US stuff though so I go in expecting them all to be twats.

But yeah the UK and Australia ones are better.

9 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

I loved it, I’d say stick with it, one of the contestants is worth it on her own. Mind, I thought Cummins was brilliant, even in spite of the way he says “Dollars”

• Paid Members

Alan Cummings looks like he's having a great time on US Traitors. The host of the Australian one is really good, and it's a heck of a series.

I found Cummings incredibly grating as host. I don’t mind Claudia Winkleman or the host of the Australian show, but Cummings annoyed me so much that I almost stopped watching that series. I’m not massively keen on the number of reality stars cast on the US show either. They’re - understandably, given their backgrounds - acutely aware of how to play to the cameras, and it removes the sense of authenticity that the UK/Australian debut seasons had. 

Watched the Australian series of The Traitors this week. It's weird how one contestant made it to the penultimate episode despite barely being shown on TV at all - he was edited out of most of the round table footage, never shown during tasks, and only said about 3 sentences during his entire time on the show. I wondered if he'd had second thoughts after filming and refused to give permission to be shown on TV, but the official story seems to be that they couldn't get enough usable footage due to him talking about behind the scenes production stuff all the time. Sounds like the producers just got fucked off with him for some reason and decided to cut him out!

I'm giving the first US series another try now. I'm only a couple of episodes in, but I've warmed to Alan Cummings a bit. He's still Ed Tudor Pole to Winkleman's Richard O'Brien, though. A lot of the contestants' overly enthusiastic behaviour is extremely grating, but I guess that's what American reality stuff is often like. Fingers crossed the worst offenders will be booted out soon enough. Also, none of them seem to have clicked that they're meant to be trying to figure out who the traitors are - there's a lot of talk about voting off "weak links" or people they don't get on with, as if they all think they're on Big Brother or something, which makes it all seem a bit odd. It fills a gap while waiting for the next UK episodes, but so far the US one is my least favourite out of the series that I've seen.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Browser Brady said:

UK Apprentice is starting next week.

Whats been the best series of it so far ?

Got to have a soft spot for the one with Stuart Baggs in. 2010 maybe? And whenever Karthik was on it.

To be honest I just watch it out of habit now. The earlier series definitely had some more memorable characters.

• Awards Moderator

I'm not sure whether it's a fashion thing or a production decision, but all the female contestants always dress the same but in a different block colour. You can commentate them like snooker. 

A hate watch is such an accurate description. I want to see tasks failed, finger pointing, bitching, poor planning, people dragging each other down, Karen looking sour and most of all……..i want to see Lord Sugar complaining about his time being wasted !!

I actually had seen the series with Kathrick, hated him and first but by christ he turned babyface like Austin in 97 by the end of it. Loved that monobrowed fucker.