Let's discuss the idiots on Reality TV

Jazzy G

• Paid Members

The Apprentice spoilers

Spoiler

Fucking pie guy flukes his way to the final after losing every single week because everyone else had a shit business idea!

• Paid Members

Race Across The World was a good start. The new visual style is interesting, but it's still a great show. I like all the contestants, but my favourites are Shirley and Brydie.

Spoiler

The Apprentice this year particularly feels like a huge load of worked bollocks. Of course he wasn't going to give away half of his multi-million pound cosmetic dentistry business for quarter of a million. If he'd wanted to do that he'd have gone on Dragon's Den. As for Phil the Pieman, to have lost all but one task and end up in the final, with what looks like an absolutely terrible team? I know they like to make it look like an unlikely winner, but Vince Russo has booked less obvious swerves than this one. I would be very surprised, and relieved if he doesn't win, but let's be honest, Lord Sugar wants to get his hands on some pies. He'll then get all his other foodie business partners cross-promoting in each other's stores. At this rate I should go on next year and see if he fancies chucking us quarter of a million to get the pub done up.

On 3/8/2024 at 9:22 PM, SuperBacon said:

Fuck off Phil you fucking cunt pie man. Fuck off and fuck a pie.

I bet he irons his socks, boring fucking prick. 

I still stand by this, but Rachel's just as bad so...

Flo should've won.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone bother with Hunted this year? Some interesting contestants this time around. The posh boys were entertaining to watch. Obviously ACAB and you want everyone to avoid capture but (series ending spoilers)

Spoiler

I was hoping the Screws would get caught as they’re ACAB too. 

It’s staged and edited to fuck with some glaring inconsistencies but it’s always good value. 

I'd love it if they did one series where it was done properly and they didn't have all the stupid rules that the hunted have to follow.

Get rid of all the restrictions like, making them move on to a new location every day, having to call home every how ever many days, having to use a cash machine, let the friends and family refuse to let the hunters look at their phones and computers, let them say no to them, let the hunted use boats and planes.

They say they add the rules to make better TV, but letting it play out more naturally would be way better. 

50 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I'd love it if they did one series where it was done properly and they didn't have all the stupid rules that the hunted have to follow.

Get rid of all the restrictions like, making them move on to a new location every day, having to call home every how ever many days, having to use a cash machine, let the friends and family refuse to let the hunters look at their phones and computers, let them say no to them, let the hunted use boats and planes.

They say they add the rules to make better TV, but letting it play out more naturally would be way better. 

Ah I didn’t know they had to do all that! I guess if they did just hunker down in someone’s basement and they didn’t acknowledge Hunters at their property it wouldn’t make for a good show!

The reverse is when a ground crew or whatever they’re called saw the screws at a train station, why didn’t she just put an arm on their shoulders and say they’ve been caught?  Again, I guess it wouldn’t make as good viewing. 

2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I guess if they did just hunker down in someone’s basement and they didn’t acknowledge Hunters at their property it wouldn’t make for a good show!

Contestant Magid Magid said pretty much the same.

Jaxon and Nicola were complete idiots at the end though. They were in the helicopter with ÂŁ100,000 between them, so why encourage Sade to get in so they'd only get ÂŁ66,666? Jaxon should have jumped out and pinned Sade down until the helicopter took off, trusting that his sister wouldn't screw (pardon the pun) him out of ÂŁ50,000.

I didn't really get the Apprentice this year, it seemed they just made it up as they went along. I thought Sugar was investing 250k into your business. When it got down to the end, he now wants 50% of their businesses.

Paul the dentist was the best all rounder I thought, and Sugar wanted 50% of all of his businesses not just the new dentist practise he wanted to set up. He isn't going to accept that, glad he didn't.

Phil the pie man's business had 700k in the bank, so I don't understand why he needed more investment when he's got good cash flow. And from the companies website, it looked like a family business so he wasn't sole owner. 

Flo and Tre were both really good, it's just their business proposals weren't very good.

It was a bit anticlimactic having Phil and the gym woman in the final. They were only appealing because their businesses were set up and making money. I think the best two candidates were Paul and Flo.