Let's discuss the idiots on Reality TV

Jazzy G

• Paid Members

I'm still reeling from none of them knowing what Jersey Royals were. There have been some shocking goofs. 

I think another part of why that guy was edited out of "You're Fired" was also because he runs some kind of "coaching" or clinical service with some very misogynistic views. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the Budapest task, but also dreading what an absolute dog's breakfast they're going to make of it. 

I also still have a mental checklist of which fired candidates would end up in the following week's Zoo or Nuts magazine in their shreddies. 

I'm finding this years to be a pretty tough watch to be honest.  Any pretense of it being a genuine competition to test the contestants business acumen is long gone (and has been dwindling for a few years now) and the tasks are either so unrealistic (getting millions of pounds in theoretical investments for that shitty racing car concept) or weighted against any achieving any sort of success that I'm struggling to get invested in any of it.  It feels like the show has run its course to be honest, similar to Dragons Den. 

• Paid Members

The main reason for watching Gogglebox these days are the dogs.  Some absolute beauties on the settees with the 3rd rate reviewers.

The new series of Hunted started on Sunday, obviously ACAB so you want everyone to win but there is a pair of posh boys who you hope fall down the stairs a few times before being processed. 

Also, there was a pair of older women who the helicopter was trying to spot in central London. Gee, I wonder if that’s them on your screen or do loads of people have a bloke with a camera running alongside them and filming them as they go. 

• Paid Members
On 3/11/2024 at 12:27 AM, CTXRussomark said:

I'm finding this years to be a pretty tough watch to be honest.  Any pretense of it being a genuine competition to test the contestants business acumen is long gone (and has been dwindling for a few years now) and the tasks are either so unrealistic (getting millions of pounds in theoretical investments for that shitty racing car concept) or weighted against any achieving any sort of success that I'm struggling to get invested in any of it.  It feels like the show has run its course to be honest, similar to Dragons Den. 

How is that lass still there who didn't even know where they were in the Budapest task? She just happens to end up on the winning team a lot, or she's got such an incredible business plan they're hotshotting her through the whole thing. I hope she makes it to the interviews just to watch her getting reduced to tears. 

• Paid Members

The Apprentice 

Spoiler

Glad to see the back of Noor. Might be up there as the most maliciously stupid contestant they’ve had on there. Worthless as a member of any team she’s been a part of and did so bad as project manager she got fired on the spot. A lot of contestants, especially this year, seem really braindead on certain tasks but you can at least see they’re mostly just out of their depth or a bit ditzy. She seemed genuinely (or generally as she would say) stupid and I’ve no idea how she got on the show.

"As a reward, I'm sending you on a forest segway experience" 

Alan, just tell us you're broke, its fine mate!

Done a 180 on Steve, who is quite funny, and not a complete moron like most of the others. I want him to win. Maura is the worst one left. Horrific, she makes my teeth itch.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Browser Brady said:

If you like Married at First Sight then you’ll enjoy the current series of the Australian version.  It’s got it all.

I'm a couple of episodes behind but it's always entertaining. Pure chaos. I love how I forget the happier couples are even there because they barely get any screen time. Jack has such a punchable smirk. Sadly he has played Tori so well. Tim is deeply self loathing and unhinged. Just saw Ben be an absolute twat. So much drama everywhere and not even from who I thought. I had Lauren down as the most annoying one at the start. And then the new frat boy. But they've been surprisingly alright.

6 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm a couple of episodes behind but it's always entertaining. Pure chaos. I love how I forget the happier couples are even there because they barely get any screen time. Jack has such a punchable smirk. Sadly he has played Tori so well. Tim is deeply self loathing and unhinged. Just saw Ben be an absolute twat. So much drama everywhere and not even from who I thought. I had Lauren down as the most annoying one at the start. And then the new frat boy. But they've been surprisingly alright.

My Mrs has a theory that Jack and Tori have no legit interest in being a couple and are just purely on the show for the fee. It does kinda make sense when you look at it that way..

The producers seem to have cast people with legit mental problems (Madeleine) and at least two closeted homosexuals (Collins and Tristan) .