Let's discuss the idiots on Reality TV

Jazzy G

• Paid Members

The makers of The Apprentice still appear to be more into editing the show to make them all look useless. I guess it's an attempt to try and make the outcome of each task less predictable. It still feels like a case of which team does the least bad, rather than the best. Whether it's due to their running out of good candidates, or just picking rejects to try and create car crash TV remains to be seen.

• Paid Members

Next week's episode looks like it could be disastrous. It's usually a few episodes in that some of the candidates start standing out from the pack, though. The only thing close is that Jade did alright selling candy floss and I think Andrew did well negotiating in that bakery for the Rugelach and the cake, but they look pretty woeful so far this year. Like nobody's willing to stick their neck out and take a particularly big risk yet. "Is Lord Sugar Jewish?" and the whole "This year he's seventy, why does he want something from 1947?" thing this week was awful, but nowhere near as bad as that first episode where they'd been sat on their arses doing nothing for hours before somebody says "Do you think we should move somewhere?" 

• Paid Members

They usually manage to make the remaining few look reasonably competent before they get destroyed during the interview.

• Paid Members

Can someone please explain to me the point of The Only Way is Essex?  I’m not asking from a condecending viewpoint, I just really cannot fathom why why something that is clearly scripted is passed off as reality.  Same with that Chelsea show. 

Yeah I don't understand those 'reality' shows either. It's usually always the same script, there has been a falling out the night before, they all talk about it and make up, all go out for drinks and then it all kicks off again. The thing is its obvious its scripted but then when you look at who is on these shows, they probably are thick to do the same things every day.

I think The Apprentice is the only thing I can really watch but even that feels full of idiots these days and Alan Sugar spins things whatever way suits him, I'm sure on a recent task he said something like 'Oh the buyers would have been fine if you had told them the name might change with the concept' yet in previous years he would crucify them if they started changing things during the presentations on the basis that its unprofessional. 

I do love Claude though, I wish I could be like him in my job. 

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members

I can see your point.  The main difference with Pro Wrestling is that it’s not trying to reflect real life, all the scripted bits are leading to a couple (or more) of blokes pretending to kick shit out of each other in interesting ways.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Can someone please explain to me the point of The Only Way is Essex?  I’m not asking from a condecending viewpoint, I just really cannot fathom why why something that is clearly scripted is passed off as reality.  Same with that Chelsea show. 

They are soaps. Just shot in a way that makes them more immersive. At least thats what I assume. Only one I watch is Total Divas because wrestling.

• Awards Moderator
On 02/11/2017 at 1:01 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

The makers of The Apprentice still appear to be more into editing the show to make them all look useless. I guess it's an attempt to try and make the outcome of each task less predictable.

I say every year that The Apprentice is the best edited show on TV, because week after week you have no idea which team are going to win. It's always plausible that either could have sneaked it, and both teams have a clanger or two that Lord Sir Alan could cling on to. 

• Paid Members

Thanks to another forum, I discovered a show called Just Tattoo Of Us. The premise of which is two people, be it best friends, brothers, sisters, cousins etc get to tattoo something on each others bodies without them knowing what it is until the big reveal at the end.

You'll not find a more punchable face than the male presenter of this. It's astonishing television.

You'll probably go down the YouTube rabbit hole after this.

Peak Millenials? Yeah, probably.

• Moderators

That guy is indeed a total fucking helmet

I saw an ad for this show and did think the concept was pretty funny. That 4 minute video could have been a fucking Vine clip. It's one of the biggest problems with these reality shows. Even when there's some good premise in there it's all excruciatingly dragged out to the point of tedium. 4 fucking minutes and you still only see 1 reaction shot out of the two. What a load of bullshit.

A whole episode of this show doesn't need to be more than maybe 5 minutes. A minute or so to introduce the pair and establish their relationship with each other, a couple minutes to kill on each person collaborating mischievously with the artist on the design without revealing what it is, on to the reaction shots with this pair of cunts, and a talking head from each of the contestants to wrap it up. Done.

• Paid Members

This week's apprentice felt like the Apprentice of old. Almost like the Clarkson, May & Hammond Top Gear mantra of "ambitious, but rubbish". The candidates are getting a little more chance to shine, as opposed to just being a cavalcade of failures. Having said that, the small profits being made by these teams are laughable compared to the thousands of pounds previous teams have made on similar tasks.

On an almost unrelated note Anisa would probably have been the one turning up in Zoo/Nuts magazine the week after her firing.

45352B0A00000578-4968066-image-m-35_1507