Let's discuss the idiots on Reality TV

Jazzy G

18 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

Is anyone watching Rise and Fall? Very similar concept and execution as The Traitors. About halfway through now and whilst I'll likely continue to the end, it lacks the charm of the Traitors and hasn't grabbed me in the same way. 

Also, Channel 4 seem to have something in the contract that women need to let the goods hang out. Crikey. 

It's made by the same people as the Traitors. I watched the first episode but when I saw that that Sophie Corcoran was a contestant I gave up. Plus everyone on it was an annoying prick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anybody watch Race Across The World? How awkward was that silence when Zainib and Mobeen couple explained their faith to that very Christian family in that ranch? 

• Paid Members

So, tomorrow night on C4 at 9:00 is a new series called Scared of the Dark, with Paul Gasgoine, and at exactly the same time on ITV is a documentary called The Hunt for Raul Moat.  Bad or genius planning?

18 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

So, tomorrow night on C4 at 9:00 is a new series called Scared of the Dark, with Paul Gasgoine, and at exactly the same time on ITV is a documentary called The Hunt for Raul Moat.  Bad or genius planning?

How Scottish football journalism works:

On this show

Paul Gasgoine admits that after meeting Thatcher for the first time at an event in Downing Street that he committed a sex act on himself.

Daily Record online headline:

Outrage after Chris Eubank makes drinking dig at Paul Gasgoine.

I watched last nights episode of Scared of the Dark and thought it was really funny at times. Gazza was hilarious. But I always knew Chris Eubank was a mad eccentric but he seems to be on another level these days. He spent the whole time in a massive fur coat, smoking an unlit cigar and spouting absolute nonsense that no one understood. 

• 4 weeks later...

Not an idiot by a long shot,.but have a watch of The Apprentice Australia on BBC iPlayer. Its the celebrity version of it, but its infinitely better than the British version.

Ex-NRL star Benji Marshall stars in it and have to say I have a bit of a man crush on him now..

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I bet they're calling each other by the C word so much the show sounds like it's being broadcast in morse code.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 7/9/2023 at 11:09 AM, SuperBacon said:

The Traitors Australia is on the iplayer for those of you that this interests.

I quite enjoyed this although the final episode wasn't much cop.

The series does contain one of the greatest 'reality TV edit outs' of a person that I've ever seen. I had absolutely no idea they existed til around episode 6 or 7. What a hit job. 

• Paid Members

I like the presenter, he's somewhere between Alan Cummings and Claudia Winkleman in his performance. That hotel is nice as well. I hate that lawyer, but I'm only one episode in so far. It's a good show. I just wonder how the dynamic of the thing would change with a second series. People would be a lot more switched on to things and microanalysing everything, and it could get tedious.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
9 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Now to work out the mystery of where Paul came from.

I think it was around episode 6 where he had any sort of speaking time and me and the Mrs looked at each other like 'Who the fuck is that?'

A spectacular hit job of an edit. He must have broke rules or got pissed up during evening beers and went on a mad one. I need to know.