Let's discuss the idiots on Reality TV

Jazzy G

The Bridge - Channel 4's latest reality, (can't find the thread) survival, test yourself type show. The premise of 12 people have to work together to build an 850ft bridge by hand to a little island with £100k on it. They then pick someone to win the money, who can keep it all or share it. A simple concept which the producers have no faith in, as contestants are given side missions, some people come in, others are voted out. After 3 episodes out of 5, (there wasn't enough content for 6) the main thing that hasn't happened is any bridge building. They haven't even built half of it yet.

It took them two episodes to work out, how to read the instructions. There was a large quantity of blue floating barrels in the lake somewhere for them to use, which would keep the wooden platforms from sinking. Previously they had roped together 1 ton wooden platforms and got confused why they kept sinking.

The motley crew of wannabes they got on the show include a fella from the Dreamboys who got voted as the leader because he has abs. A young Mark Wahlberg look-a-like plumber. A woman off the coronavirus advert who survived it. Trisha Goddards daughter, who spent the first episode telling everyone who her mum was. A para-athlete who they had to draft in, after two episodes because no-one else could build a bridge.

One of the most depressing things about the show is, how lazy and greedy people are. That's not even including the plotting to get the money. They are there for 20 days and had enough food to last the duration but they ate all the rations within 10 days. To play on this, another twist from the producers was, they could vote for feast or build. Everyone voted. If you voted feast, you got a banquet of food but this would take away 1 hour of bridge building. Out of the 13 that voted, 9 voted to feast and 4 to work. So they lost a day of bridge building anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I discovered that Giovanna Fletcher off of The Baby Club and currently eating animal balls in Abergele isn’t a middle aged posh mum but is actually a 35 year old posh mum who’s married to Tom Fletcher of McFly. I also discovered she is the sister of TOWIE’s Mario. 

Anyway, the best thing about I’m a Celeb is always watching the people from Gogglebox watch it because Gogglebox, even with most of them mugging for the cameras these days, is still the best reality tv show on the box.

• 11 months later...
  • Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Perry said:

Whether you like him or not, you can't deny that Richard Madeley is going to be great value on this year's I'm A Celeb

The only positive from this I can think of is Judy gets a few weeks of peace away from the daft cunt.

On 11/6/2021 at 3:36 PM, Tommy! said:

The only positive from this I can think of is Judy gets a few weeks of peace away from the daft cunt.

I bet she'll be voting for him to do the trials.

You need someone like Madeley in there to stir things up.  Can't be arsed to watch the show when they all get along.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Dickie didn't last long did he?  Have to say I think it's funny watching Ian Beale already lording it up like Billy Big Bollocks in the castle.

I hadn't heard of Naughty Boy until I'm A Celeb started, but he's a right awkward twat. Just the kind of person you want in there.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Just watching The Apprentice: Meet The Candidates before I start the new series and one of them has declared himself the E-S-T of business. He looks like a poundshop Jim Cornette as well.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

I couldn't bring myself to watch the Australian celebrity one that was on at the end of last year because it looked awful. 

The only one that stands out at the moment is that Northern bloke, I think his name's Aaron? He just did what he needed to and spoke up in the right places. How he fares if he gets to be a project manager remains to be seen. I know a lot of it is in the edit, but everybody this year is either unlikeable or boring right now. Hopefully that changes in a few episodes. 

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Just watching The Apprentice: Meet The Candidates before I start the new series and one of them has declared himself the E-S-T of business. He looks like a poundshop Jim Cornette as well.

Yes, he got his whole Bianca Belair spiel included in the intro to the first episode too.

It's very much sticking to its stale formula at the moment, but as long as there are some different feeling tasks in there it'll still be worth a watch.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator