Let's discuss the idiots on Reality TV

Jazzy G

• 1 month later...

The celebrity SAS show on Channel 4 is an interesting watch. So far boxer, Tony Bellew lost his rag and smacked John Fashanu in a 10 on 1 fight where Bellew couldn't fight back. Katie Price who you knew wouldn't last long, didn't last long. Fash came 2nd to last in a race back to barracks. So in the next task where they had to chase after a tyre and stop your opponent from getting it. Fash tried to prove himself by almost choking out the DJ from Rudimental. Bellew lost his rag again and started calling everyone a cunt and a pussy. Anthea Turner who the leaders referred to as Grandma, quit even though she doing pretty well in the non physical tasks. One of the leaders said about Fash, "He's the first person I've looked in their eyes and thought, what goes on in that head!" Quite.

1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

Anything that happens to Fashanu is deserved. He is an utter fucking bellend in the Crazy Gang documentary on BT Sports. 

Yeah, but he gets a free pass from me for his commitment to shithousery, as referenced in this post.

On 7/2/2018 at 10:01 PM, Keith Houchen said:

It was more based on hard men, but clever bastards with it.  However, Suarez is a great example of a litany of shithousery.

My favourite example of such is John Fashanu.  Vinnie Jones gets all the plaudits for being the hardman of the Crazy Gang but he was like a henchman to the Bond villain genius of Fash.  He used to have someone compile a dossier on the match refs family, then in the tunnel before the game he'd approach the ref and be all "Gary, how are you doing mate!  How's Karen? It was her birthday last month wasn't it?  Hope you did something nice!  How's little Robbie, he must be 8 now.  Do say hello to them all for me, been a while since we all caught up". The ref would always look well chuffed and say back "I will do Fash mate" and have a big smile on his face because a footballer knew him and his family.

Then in the first couple of minutes, Fash would stick a two footed reducer on the opposition star player which would usually result in at least a yellow and possibly knobbly the player for the game.  What did Fash get from the ref?  "Come on Fash, keep it calm mate, we can't have that"

As Ruud Krol never said "Shithousery isn't an art, but there is an art in doing shithousery right".  That's some Ashur from Spartacus, Littlefinger from GOT level shithousery from Fash.  Genius.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The final of Race Across The World was so close. It was interesting watching the reunion episode as well. 

I wish my friend who lives in Vancouver was still in the UK as I'd love to do something like that with him. It'd be amazing to do it with my other half, but her health wouldn't allow it. 

Race Across The World has been one of the highlights of the year on the BBC.

It's become a weekly ritual with me and my eldest, when her sisters gone to sleep and we were both made up with the winner, as they thoroughly deserved it. They all did to be fair, but the runners up were sullied by one of the most irritating people on TV recently (sure they're lovely and it was just badly edited but fuck me...)

My ex and I actually applied for this series, as we thought the producers might want to see a separated couple actually murder each other on TV. 

Reckon next one's got to be across Africa hasn't it?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Race Across The World has been one of the highlights of the year on the BBC.

It's become a weekly ritual with me and my eldest, when her sisters gone to sleep and we were both made up with the winner, as they thoroughly deserved it. They all did to be fair, but the runners up were sullied by one of the most irritating people on TV recently (sure they're lovely and it was just badly edited but fuck me...)

My ex and I actually applied for this series, as we thought the producers might want to see a separated couple actually murder each other on TV. 

Reckon next one's got to be across Africa hasn't it?

I reckon it was her feeling the strain of the situation she'd found herself in. Watching them all on the reunion episode trying not to come across as a set of bastards while saying they wish they could have deprived homeless charities of ten grand was amusing. I wish the team where he "lost" his money belt could have stayed in longer.

I was wondering whether they'd try and do Africa next, but it'd have to be a very carefully planned route as I bet there are some really dangerous parts. 

I guess this is the thread for it, my gf is a crafter and we watched something called The Fantastical Factory Of Curious Craft.  The premise sounded decent, bit like a Ready Steady Cook for craft, but imagine our horror when it started and the host was Keith Lemon.

However, I remembered how (I think) @Astro Hollywood mentioned that Leigh Francis was a real humble guy once and made papier mache masks for Bo Selector and his passion for it really came across.  He was turned down and had some real genuine passion and appreciation for what the contestants made.  Reminded me why I liked him before he ventured up his own arsehole.