Let's discuss the idiots on Reality TV

Jazzy G

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

This won’t be intentional on your part, but a thread called ‘Let’s discuss the idiots on Reality TV’ feels like an inappropriate place to post about a suicide. 

Yeah sorry I couldn't find the suicide thread. Shout out to Uncle Zeb for linking me to the celebrity topic though.

(It wasn't intentional)

Loved the first couple of series of Hunted (can’t remember watching the last two) so popped the new one on.

Lasted up until the first ad break. Absolute shit. Too many hunters in that room, they’re all shouting about “GOOD INFORMATION” and being smug and there is a new head cunt called Ben. I’m not watching a full series of that ACAB wanker. Shame as it was a good concept, but they’ve ballsed it.

It was never a patch on Wanted anyway.

If you tweet about it, some of the filth will like your tweet. I know it’s all for drama and that, and they’re probably contractually obliged to help them, but like fuck would I hand them my phone and told them where I dropped my mate if they were on it. 

Also, that elderly couple who gave up Mervyn when they said he asked them for a lift to Bristol are clearly tories and voted leave. 

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

there is a new head cunt called Ben

He's been in it since the beginning and my god, how fucking detestable is he? What a smug prick. Him and the two gobby girls that are usually out in a car together. 

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Loved the first couple of series of Hunted (can’t remember watching the last two) so popped the new one on.

Lasted up until the first ad break. Absolute shit. Too many hunters in that room, they’re all shouting about “GOOD INFORMATION” and being smug and there is a new head cunt called Ben. I’m not watching a full series of that ACAB wanker. Shame as it was a good concept, but they’ve ballsed it.

It was never a patch on Wanted anyway.

It's unwatchable now. Everything about it's so obviously fake, like planting bugs, and searching the houses or hard drives of people who let the runners stay the night. There's a quick bit on the credits about it mimmicking the powers of the authorities, but on an advanced timeline. I'll say. They're digging out CCTV and getting texts from cloned phones within seconds, and tracking cars like they're in some shitty tech-thriller, whenever it best advances the storyline.

In the same genre but brilliant is Sky's The Heist, where a group of people from one village steal ÂŁ1m between them, and have to stash the money and evade getting caught for 3 weeks. There's a huge amount of investment on the part of the contestants, as they stand to keep 100k if the police don't get enough evidence to 'charge' them, and it seems way more legit than Hunted. The first series had a bit where the gang went all Robin Hood and donated 10 grand to put behind the bar of the local pub, as a way of stopping people from grassing them up, but as it was 'evidence' the police confiscated it, so the pub ended up massively out of pocket, and it turned everyone against them.

I saw a bit from Hunted the other day. The hunters were on a town high street looking for the bloke who was wearing a white Panama hat. They kept thinking they’d found him but it always turned out to be some other old bloke wearing the same kind of hat. Happened about four times. 
It’s not like it’s hard. Just look for the guy with a full camera and sound crew following them. 

I barely watch any reality TV but Love is Blind on Netflix has been peak guilty pleasure shite. 

It's basically every dating reality show ever chucked in a blender, but it nails it's stories and provides enough people to root for as well as justifiably hiss at to be a ton of fun.

Could have used a few people who weren't properly conventionally attractive to justify it's premise though.

In the eye of the beholder and all that but I thought the majority of the blokes and a good portion of the ladies were regular looking folk.

I didn't actually watch it btw. My girlfriend started it and instead of getting sucked in I just skipped to the last episode to watch the I do's/dont's. There's a top drawer reality tv moment for sure involving a shunned bride falling on her arse.

Unfortunately it seems as reality as that WWE Divas show.