General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

It's odd but I think I wanted Liverpool to win, mainly due to the fact I like Robertson as a baller. But it didn't really bother me either way, who won. 

My heart went out to Karius. An awful thing to happen and Id say after Benzemas goal, his pots went altogether. The death threats and abuse toward his young family by some absolute toerags on social media sickened me. I don't get it and I can't understand or relate to that mentality at all. The worst I've ever shouted was probably 'dozy cunt' at a player and even at that I feel bad immediately after. 

But yeah, Karius is done. Has to be. Beside Robertson and Henderson, no Liverpool player went over to him to console him. I feel for the chap. His confidence will be battered for a long time after that. I still haven't recovered mentally - seriously now - from scoring an own goal, missing a peno and getting sent off in a Leinster schoolboy cup final. Even thinking about the own goal gives me that horrible feeling in my chest and stomach so I can't imagine the gravity of his feelings. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Nah, you can be a ruthless motivated winner without being a massive cheat. 

Yeah agreed. He's become even more of a cunt in recent years, but the face-clutching last night is something he's been pulling off for a while now. He's a master of Spanish simulation, even more than the likes of Busquets and Pedro.

Ramos is a detestable little fucker. Horrible scrote of a player, but he's got 3 European Cups on the trot so what do I know? He's a superb shithouse.

Gutted, really. First 30 minutes I thought we looked great. Heads went missing a bit when Salah went off, but I was pleased we made it into half-time without conceding so that we could formulate a proper game plan. Can't feel for Karius to be honest. Of all the times for him to return to being fucking pish. Think that TAA was our man of the match, kept Ronaldo quiet all game long barring his one chance at the end. Immensely proud of the other 10 players for us though, 3-1 wasn't a fair reflection of that game. 

That first mistake was proper hung over Sunday League nonsense and definitely killed him for the rest of the match. 

I was watching Bale from the second he came on. After his first touch of the ball I turned to my wife and told her Bale was gonna score in the next couple of minutes. You could see it in his movement, he just looked more on it than anyone else on the pitch. Didn't expect that though.

The furore around Karius is ridiculous though. Anyone who thinks he isn't the most gutted person around that club has absolutely no empathy. That image of him walking over to the Liverpool fans, in tears with his hands up in apology is the saddest thing I've seen in a final since Zidane walked past the World Cup.

Likewise the people slagging off the rest of the Liverpool team for not immediately going over to give him a cuddle need to get real. Most of the team were scattered around the pitch in tears themselves. 

That said it's times like these I'm sort of glad Newcastle haven't been in danger of winning anything major this century. It's the hope that kills you.

12 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

Likewise the people slagging off the rest of the Liverpool team for not immediately going over to give him a cuddle need to get real. Most of the team were scattered around the pitch in tears themselves. 

Found this comment interesting.  Also, Sergio Ramos is fantastic.

Regardless of his errors the team still should of gone over to him, even if its the captain. I think its poor taste leaving him like that, fair enough he has probably killed his career but to leave him there goes against the whole "You Will Never Walk Alone". He certainly did last night. 

23 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I don't understand. You're saying Liverpool fans didn't make a noise when Mane scored? Or what?

Yeah the ground was supposedly sold out for the screening but you couldn't hear anything and it's usually pretty damn loud

23 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Behave. I was in town today and as a neutral, it was fantastic. Win or lose, the city was vibrant and a pleasure to see. Smoke bombs? Good on them. They're in a European Cup final and if they can't be at the game, why not make the most of it in town? Real have given your lot your season highlight, no doubt, but to have a whinge about how town was today is a bit thick.

Hardly thick and no it hasn't been our season highlight by any stretch, any Blue that say otherwise is pure bitter. I'm all for atmosphere but from conversing with work mates, many were late getting back in on time from breaks/lunches because they couldn't get through the mass on Hanover Street. It's probably just me being a grumpy bastard because I've gradually become loathing of working weekends and working my job in general as I'm sick of a lot of the bullshit decision making (in some way I'm my father's son as he was a grump at times too)

Archived