General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

@Carbomb will be your hook-up, he seems to have great knowledge of places to go to around London, especially if you're looking for somewhere cultural and authentic.

That's very kind of you, man! 

@SuperBacon - I can tell you that, for Portuguese games, places like Kensal Green, Willesden and Harlesden are great as there are a lot of Portuguese restaurants and bars around there. Not far from there are quite a few Iranian places too.

For Brazilian places, there are Brazilian communities in Stockwell in Sahf Lahndahn, and in Stamford Hill in Norf, so take your pick. Probably the best place, though, is the Walkabout in Temple. Yes, it's an Australian bar, but it's become a very popular place for the Brazilians and Eastern Europeans - plus they do imported Australian beer like Toohey's and VB, so you're not too bad off.

For any of the Arab-speaking countries' matches, Edgware Road is where you go. Loads of Arab eateries like Maroush and Fakhreldin amongst many, and they usually include shisha bars too. Don't be expecting much in terms of being able to get hold of alcohol, although Lebanese places like Maroush are more likely to serve, or at the very least allow you to bring your own for a corkage fee. Best to check first, though. Alternatively, you could go to Knightsbridge, but I wouldn't. If you think regular London prices are shit, you'll be up to your eyeballs in sewage there.

For Polish matches, you can pretty much take your pick of anywhere north of the Thames, but Harrow and Haringey probably have the largest communities.

That said, for Colombian matches, there's only one place to go, and that's Seven Sisters. Lots of Colombian bars and eateries with great atmosphere and tasty cheap food (and lots of attractive Latinas around too). @SpursRiot knows the area as well. There's a café near the Seven Sisters station exit that'll do you two empanadas and a cup of coffee for £3.50 (yes, that is cheap for London).

For Germany, I don't know for certain, but there's the Bavarian Beerhouse between Tower Hill and Fenchurch Street. They seem to have a Hooters-esque employment policy of hiring buxom blonde women who can surely only be called Helga. They all wear German dirndl as uniforms too. Good beer, decent German-style casual food.

For Japan - it's a stretch, but Finchley Road and Golders Green have large Japanese communities, and therefore eateries and bars as a result.

Couldn't tell you for certain about Russian matches, but I'd imagine Mayfair is where you'd have the best chance of seeing them. Don't take my word for it, though. And remember Mayfair's as bad as Knightsbridge.

EDIT: Actually, for the Brazil matches, sounds like PunkStep's recommendation is probably a better bet.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Morata didn't get in the squad @Murtz so I wouldn't have a bet on him to be golden boot. Wooly probably will though. 

Ah yes, just seen their squad. 70m Morata didn't get in yet Aspas did!

4 hours ago, Murtz said:

Aspas had scored twice the amount of goals as Morata has this year, can play in a few positions and can also hit a barn door. But yeah, they should have taken Morata because he plays in the best league in the world innit.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Murtz said:

That's because he's better. I don't think coaches pick their squads based on recent transfer value.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

@PunkStep and @Carbomb thanks a bunch for the advice. Much, much appreciated. Think I'll start planning an itinerary and calling places otherwise I'm gonna get lost aren't I? Found a Portuguese bar called The Secret Bar in Tooting (I think) that looks tiny and welcoming so that's a start. Cheers again lads 

Nice gaff (The Secret Bar). Other half is Portuguese and she went there for the Euro's final a couple of years ago - the entire area was buzzing after they won the game. It's affectionately dubbed Little Portugal. On a similar topic, Sagres is a wonderful beer, and Caipirinha is a wonderful cocktail that always goes down smooth!

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

@PunkStep and @Carbomb thanks a bunch for the advice. Much, much appreciated. Think I'll start planning an itinerary and calling places otherwise I'm gonna get lost aren't I? Found a Portuguese bar called The Secret Bar in Tooting (I think) that looks tiny and welcoming so that's a start. Cheers again lads 

Not sure of specific venues but Stockwell in South London has lots of Portuguese residents and was absolutely booming the night that they won Euro 2016. Street parties til the early hours and all that. Be surprised if there's a better part of the city to watch one of their games.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I can't offer much beyond confirming what Carbomb said about the Brazilian place right next to the entrance to Seven Sisters station as I don't get out to bars much these days since I knocked drinking on the head. If you wanted to watch some games involving African teams, there are a few places on West Green Road that should be good for those games. Although some people find that stretch of West Green Road a tad intimidating, especially at night.

30 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Yeah, I can't offer much beyond confirming what Carbomb said about the Brazilian place right next to the entrance to Seven Sisters station as I don't get out to bars much these days since I knocked drinking on the head. If you wanted to watch some games involving African teams, there are a few places on West Green Road that should be good for those games. Although some people find that stretch of West Green Road a tad intimidating, especially at night.

Mans is from Hounslow fam...Doesn't prang me out...*

*Definitely will...

Will check that brazilian (colombian???) cafe out.

• Paid Members
On 5/21/2018 at 1:25 PM, CleetusVanDamme said:

Sarri's contract talks with Napoli have broken down. I'm either about to get extremely excited or extremely jealous.

He's gone, De Laurentiis has thanked him for everything he's done and apparently The People's Eyebrow himself is taking over the job. That frees up Sarri for you...

Archived