General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Wow, where did that come from?? I'd spent the past few days conditioning myself that somebody with only two years of being an assistant was going to be our manager, so yes this is a welcome surprise. Trophies in 5 consecutive seasons, has managed some absolute egos, and is the most successful manager in Europa League history- just what we need!

Obviously a load of fans on Twitter aren't happy. This fucking fanbase, there's no pleasing them.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Wow, where did that come from?? I'd spent the past few days conditioning myself that somebody with only two years of being an assistant was going to be our manager, so yes this is a welcome surprise. Trophies in 5 consecutive seasons, has managed some absolute egos, and is the most successful manager in Europa League history- just what we need!

Obviously a load of fans on Twitter aren't happy. This fucking fanbase, there's no pleasing them.

100%. It's a welcome appointment, and it seems like a really sensible one. Emery ticks every box for me. I get that Arteta would have been a bold hire, but this is probably the best outcome for the club for the season ahead.

• Paid Members

That means nothing in terms of him being our first choice keeper. I'd much rather keep him as back-up to a few keeper than Ospina. You'd imagine a younger keeper will learn plenty from his experience. Leno perhaps?

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Being linked with us at ÂŁ20 mil, that's what? Half your budget?

Almost, and that's even if ÂŁ50m really is our budget. Even if it is we'll probably free up some more funds by selling Ramsey as well, unfortunately.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

They also played a Norwich legends team over the weekend, complete with the Canaries reprising their old 'Egg and Crest' (aka bird shit) kit of the early 90's to celebrate 25 years since City's last European stint. Incredible seeing the likes of Klinsmann playing at Carrow Road along with the old City legends from that run like Gunny, plus the likes of Huckerby, Roberts and Grant Holt from more recent times. We even had Mike Walker back in the dugout! The only thing that didn't return were the yellow goal nets. Infinitely better than anything else that happened in our 2017/18 season. 

image.jpg.6058bd6d57c8360ce2318f11e2e821de.jpg

How was the greatest Welsh left midfielder of the years 1992-1994?

Sunderland to replace Chris Coleman with ...... Chris Coleman is the latest rumor going around.

Apparently Coleman got sacked before the takeover cos of some weird clause that meant it would save Sunderland a lot more money then if they sacked him after the takeover.

So, I don't really care about England (I'd happily see Kane drop the fucking armband in a bin Madusa style), but I still love football and REALLY love the World Cup.

So this year, I want to experience it in a bit of a different way, and soak up some proper PASSHUN and ATMOS, so want to watch some countries games in that nationalities own pubs/bars/restaurants (I've worded that dreadfully). 2002, I watched a South Korea game in a restaurant in New Malden and it was absolutely banging.

Problem is, I work bloody nights and will just be able to see most 7pm KOs before I start, but I do have Sundays and Mondays off. So I'm looking for recommendations of pubs and bars that you know of where I can watch the game, drink and eat some food, and generally enjoy being around people who desperately care about their countries.

I've earmarked popping into that there London on Sunday 17th June for Costa Rica-Serbia, Germany-Mexico and Brazil-Switzerland and Sunday 24th June for Japan-Senegal and Poland-Colombia, and Monday 25th June for Saudi Arabia-Egypt, Uruguay-Russia, Iran-Portugal and Spain-Morocco.

So, if you know of any where relating to those countries and where I can have a good time, then do let me know. Looking at the London slags like @PunkStep and @SpursRiot2012 here. I've been informed that Tooting Broadway would be a good shout for Iran-Portugal. Anyone wanting to is more than welcome to join me :) In my mind, I envisage being surrounded by a 100 egyptians showering me with beer and hugging me when Salah scores. In reality, this will probably end with me being detained in the basement of a Colombian bar for a few months...

• Paid Members

Hmmm I'm not sure to be honest as I haven't watched much football in London pubs before, although like you I probably will this summer as this will be the first World Cup since I started working in the city.

There will be quite a few big screens dotted around- Exchange Square near Liverpool Street will probably show them. I'm pretty sure they always show the Olympics and Wimbledon on a big screen and it's pretty cool there. Primo Bar on the South Bank are showing the Brazil games and will have Brazilian street food, cocktails and a Brazilian DJ too.

@Carbomb will be your hook-up, he seems to have great knowledge of places to go to around London, especially if you're looking for somewhere cultural and authentic.

• Paid Members

So who do we have our money on this year? On paper it's hard to look past France but no doubt they'll have a moment and get knocked out. Germany will be thereabouts but I think it'll be Spain's year. Their midfield options are ridiculous and even though they don't have the most in form strikers, Morata and Costa can still turn up and bag a few.

If England get to the quarters then I think it'll be a decent achievement!

Archived