General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Yeah the ground was supposedly sold out for the screening but you couldn't hear anything and it's usually pretty damn loud

I still don't know what you're inferring here. Are you suggesting that reports that it was a sell-out were lies (which they aren't) or that Liverpool fans at the ground, what, weren't arsed about them scoring?

Maybe you live further away from Anfield than you think. What direction was the wind yesterday?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I still don't know what you're inferring here. Are you suggesting that reports that it was a sell-out were lies (which they aren't) or that Liverpool fans at the ground, what, weren't arsed about them scoring?

Maybe you live further away from Anfield than you think. What direction was the wind yesterday?

I’m a 10 min walk away from the ground, not sure of wind direction. I could hear clearly walking towards my road just after kick off and had window open all night

With apologies to Grecian, absolutely delighted with the playoff final win.  We have had fuck all to cheer in recent times but the JPT last year and now promotion, it actually feels good for once to be a Cov fan.

2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

With apologies to Grecian, absolutely delighted with the playoff final win.  We have had fuck all to cheer in recent times but the JPT last year and now promotion, it actually feels good for once to be a Cov fan.

Congrats to your boys Houch, great to see Cov rising back up the ladder

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I've been brought up to despise Coventry by my Dad and all his mates. Both of us were absolutely chuffed they went up today, no team deserved the shit youlots went through, I hope the rise continues.

• Paid Members

Wolves obviously didn't want him then?

£39m, especially for a 24 yr old in that position (where you'd estimate he has a good 10 years left at a top level), seems like a very good deal on paper. Fabinho must truly be brilliant, if he made somebody as dire as Bakayoko look so good that Chelsea spent the same amount on him last summer. Another bonus for Liverpool is that he won't be at the World Cup this summer, likewise with Naby Keita.

As well as Lichtsteiner on a free, we're close to signing Sokratis for £16m. I'd be very happy with that signing, gives our defence that much needed experience and grit. He's 29 so is approaching his best years as a CB in theory. He hasn't had the best season at Dortmund apparently but you can say that about half of their side. Also, he's another player that won't be at the World Cup. Assuming Lichtsteiner signs, we will only have 8 players at the World Cup (excluding Asano & Joel Campbell)- which means most of our squad will have a free summer and full pre-season- including our forward three of Mkhi, Aubameyang and Lacazette. Hopefully that will help give us a much-needed decent start to the season.

3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

You deserved the win, we just didn't turn up. Negative tactics, and conceding the second so quickly after the first killed us. Couple of damned good goals you scored, though. Hope you can keep your young players, you could be a tough side to beat in League 1.

• Paid Members

The Sun are calling for Raheem Sterling to be dropped from the England squad because he's got a new gun tattoo (ignoring the reasoning behind it). The British media are fucking obsessed with him, it's weird how they don't scrutinise the likes of Harry Kane over this on a regular basis. Why BLACK do they BLACK do this? BLACK

• Paid Members

The media obsession with him is pathetic, as is their determination to disrupt the England camp whilst preparing for a major tournament. Sterling has been a bit of an idiot here though- even having read his reasons, it's still a tattoo that he should have known (and anyone could have told him) would come under massive scrutiny and draw criticism. He's given the media the ammunition to attack him with.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The media obsession with him is pathetic, as is their determination to disrupt the England camp whilst preparing for a major tournament. Sterling has been a bit of an idiot here though- even having read his reasons, it's still a tattoo that he should have known (and anyone could have told him) would come under massive scrutiny and draw criticism. He's given the media the ammunition to attack him with.

Obvious line aside, I don't think he cares any more. When you've got the likes of The S*n attacking him for having a spot of fucking breakfast at normal people's prices, because obviously you're not allowed to have anything cheap when you're earning footballers' wages, or for going about regular life instead of flagellating himself in sackcloth and ashes through the streets for whatever failures as a player he's supposed to atone for, eventually he's just going to decide (quite rightly) that they'll just print what they print, and there's no point in micro-managing his behaviour for them or anyone.

And I agree with PunkStep that they wouldn't be doing this if it was Harry Kane. The era we're living in, it comes as no surprise that the closet racists at both The S*n and The Daily Heil are feeling emboldened enough to do what they're doing (hell, Sterling's small fry compared to the people they've gone after).

• Paid Members

I really do hate reporting about "calls" for someone to do something. You just know the Sun saw this, thought, "which organisation is going to find this offensive" and then contacted them so they could run this shitty story. 

Calls for Sterling to quit the England squad because his tattoo offends some complete twats? You know what, he should. Quit and then spend the tournament holidaying. When England are inevitably knocked out, use social media to laugh at it.

Best response I've seen is someone asking if Arsenal should change their badge since it might encourage gun violence.

Archived