General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

West Ham trying to get Pastore for €20 apparently. Could be a good signing.

Even Arsenal could afford that!

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Even Arsenal could afford that!

All that money on ONE player?? That's ridiculous. We could buy several Sanogos and a Carl Jenkinson with that kind of money!

Re Sporting.

Lots of forum like 'rumours' going around about it. But in a nutshell Sporting were doing well this season (punching above their weight in all honesty) but were realistically never going to win the league and was out of the title race a good 6-8 weeks before the end of the season (not a few weeks back as mentioned in this thread). Jesus is still at the club (not sacked either) and has a good track record (see his record at Benfica). Sporting did lose the cup final the other week though which hasn't helped and as mentioned the ultras stormed the training ground when the season seemed all but over. In all honesty Sporting were never going to win the league this season, a squad of journeyman & potential but not a title winning team by any stretch of the imagination. 

I would be surprised if their squad walks away free though, probably more a threat so they can be sold rather than we will walk for nothing. Sporting have been in trouble for a long while now though, Benfica/Porto have had some fantastic players the last 10/15 years and have been on another level. Sporting just cannot cope/compete financially. I think this season both Benfica/Porto haven't been at their best which has made Sporting look better than they actually are. Jesus needs at least another season or two if Sporting are to stand any chance of competing for the title (assuming they don't lose players for nothing and if he survives the chaos). 

• Paid Members

Rui Patricio, the Captain,appears to have stood up to the President and his transfer to Wolves will either be for the 18mil agreed or free, if he goes for free so will a number of other players.

Patricio wants out and was promised an exit, he appears to rather go for money and Wolves are happy to pay it.

It looks like the shareholders need to remove the President or have their keeper, Carvalho, Gelson Martins and Bas Dost all walk out for nothing.

Patricio apparently is only taking these actions for the benefit of the club he loves.

It's complicated as fuck this.

• Paid Members

Is it definite the President was behind the ultras attacking the players? Because if so, the police should be involved by now.

• Paid Members

This could be fun, get ready for some extremely long press conferences.

In other news to be filed under 'da fuq?'- Huddersfield are interested in Andre Silva. Ok, that doesn't necessarily mean he will go there, but that would be a hell of a coup- regardless of his poor Serie A spell. I thought Wolves were after him, they're probably closely monitoring the Lewandowski situation instead I suppose...

• Paid Members

I fucking love Bielsa, he was rumoured for Wolves when Fosun took over and I got very excited, it never panned out.

He's bastard mental and he would be a real character in the Prem, Leeds have done well to get him to go there. His history with shitehawk boards isn't good though, and Leeds' board are certainly shitehawk.

• Paid Members

Honestly, as a squad player on a free, I'm fine with that. Yes it'll bring in the lols on Twitter and DT & Claude will line Robbie's pockets with over-the-top meltdowns. But, as an option for when you need a desperate late goal, who better than the bumbling mess himself to come on and elbow some fools in faces whilst heading in a Mesut Ozil corner?

Lichtsteiner, Sokratis, Fellaini...ok it's not screaming 'dynamic' but they could be very useful squad members and in the case of Sokratis that defensive rock we've been screaming for. All of those three for £16m. Add a keeper into the mix (Leno please), a midfielder (Seri please) and perhaps another forward or some sort- then let's see what Emery can do with them.

Archived