General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

MOTD will continue, but if Amazon have a show without the usual dross the BBC put out, especially punditry wise, it'll be a great alternative.

But who would those pundits be? Whoever is broadcasting, the quality of the commentary and punditry is almost always shit. The likelihood of them finding someone who hasn't already been used by someone else who also happens to be really good seems very small indeed. It will be the same shit commentators and the same shit summarisers and the same shit presenters. And I'm not subscribing to Amazon Prime for a bunch of Burnley and Cardiff matches.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Completely get the second team thing. All through primary and High school I classed Portsmouth as my second team as I always played as them on Championship Manager and they had a shirt on sale in the local JJB sports randomly and it helped me choose. It was tiring when people would ask who I supported if I tried to explain Hereford. Even more exhausting explaining why Pompey over your Arsenal, United and Chelsea's.

For me my second team had to be an English team since I support Celtic. However I ended up supporting Barnet, although stopped going due to prices and ended up at Hanwell Town. That way the two teams could not meet. At primary school I was surrounded by QPR and Chelsea fans mainly, although both in the Premiership both teams were mid table at the time so didn't get questioned on supporting Celtic as the kids knew my parents were Scottish, although Chelsea started to do well a bit later just before they were bought. There were Man United fans but we just questioned them, were they born there? Are their families from there? Had they been there? Most answered no to all questions.  

• Paid Members

So BBC are now reporting the Fekir to Liverpool story, saying it could be done today. BBC rarely stick their neck out when it comes to transfer news these days, so that's a pretty clear sign that it's almost done (if not already). Julien Laurens isn't sure that he's an ideal player for their system, but if he's wrong, that's some pretty impressive business they've done so far. Completely addressed the problems in midfield. Fabinho, Keita, Fekir, Mane, Salah and Firmino could start together as their MD/FWs. Ox, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana & Milner as midfield back-up isn't bad either. Some more depth in the forward positions would be handy, but Origi returning could help.

If they buy a decent keeper and perhaps another strong CB then I think they could genuinely challenge for the league.

At best we might sign a young cb but I don't see us signing a starting player in that position. Apparently, and I haven't fact checked this, we had the best defence in the league post Tottenham drubbing and with an actual defensive midfielder who tackles and everything being added along with a new goalie I think we'll reassess the defence in another window.

Also I think Klopp believes the best way to improve a defence is to have more attacking players, City style.

• Paid Members

I mean, Liverpool have bought some great talent there, and I love Fabinho and Fekir, they're players I would have looked forward to seeing in the Premier League if they weren't playing for Liverpool. But if they don't buy any defenders or a keeper, again, Klopp is an idiot.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Was that Lawz?

No, me. I had a few "second teams" as a kid. Don't worry I've long since grown out of them. Some I really can't stand now I've grown up and been to them and found out what fucking numpies their fans are.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I mean, Liverpool have bought some great talent there, and I love Fabinho and Fekir, they're players I would have looked forward to seeing in the Premier League if they weren't playing for Liverpool. But if they don't buy any defenders or a keeper, again, Klopp is an idiot.

I think a keeper is obviously a massive need and they'd be insane not to bring somebody in. I think they realise this though, and will splash out on somebody. I can't see them getting the Oblak or Allison that the fans are clamouring for, they might be slightly out of their reach, but they can easily improve on what they have.

@Mr_Danger might be right regarding the improvement in defence (Van Dijk's arrival has surely made a big difference), but I think they need one more addition- some decent experience at that. Gomez has all the markings of a future regular and Alexander-Arnold has probably claimed the RB spot, but a bit of quality in depth wouldn't go a miss. I definitely 100% think they should make a move for somebody that has Champions League experience and is a world cup winner. Shkodran Mustafi fits the bill, go for it lads!

• Paid Members

Harry Kane has signed a new 6 year contract at Spurs. Stand by my opinion of a few months ago that he should move now while he's hot but fair play to the kid for showing loyalty to his club. Great move for Spurs, unless there's a get-out clause.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

fair play to the kid for showing loyalty to his club. Great move for Spurs, unless there's a get-out clause.

1 hour ago, D@mm said:

Good to see a player loyal to a club for a change. I assume he will beat and set new Premier League/England records now, fair play to him.

DKDMOIMWsAAb2AN.jpg

Archived