General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Oooorrrrnnnnstein reckons there's nothing in the Banega rumour. The chat about that young Turkish lad has gone a bit quiet hasn't it? Still, very happy with the three we've signed so far and Torreira if he joins. Can't see us signing another CB with Chambers and Holding signing new deals and Mavrapanos being the second coming of Franco Baresi. If we get a decent winger in as well (Gelson Martins?) then I think we're done, and I'll be pleased.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ornstein said Arteta would be manager. He's a filthy liar. 

Would be disappointing if true about Banega. But you're right. Some decent business been done. Martins would be a great addition to that. 

I'm starting to wonder if the reported £50m transfer kitty was a little inaccurate. Haven't we essentially paid that for Leno and Sokratis? Torreira is upwards of £20m too I believe. 

• Paid Members

They both only cost around £19m each, which seems very good business. Although I think that £50m figure was plucked from thin air, it probably won't be far off what we spend. In fact probably more than our net spend with Ospina, Lucas Perez, Joel Campbell (!) and perhaps Mustafi likely to be sold.

15 hours ago, PunkStep said:

They both only cost around £19m each, which seems very good business. Although I think that £50m figure was plucked from thin air, it probably won't be far off what we spend. In fact probably more than our net spend with Ospina, Lucas Perez, Joel Campbell (!) and perhaps Mustafi likely to be sold.

I thought they were between £22m - £25m each. Unless that's including add on's/bonuses?

I'm hoping we keep Perez BTW. I think I'd prefer him over Welbeck, he's the more clinical of the two. However I don't think either of them are happy to sit behind Aubameyang or Lacazette at this stage of their career. Depending on how we set up next season, they both might want out.

• Paid Members

Sokratis is less than £19m in fact- he moved for €19m, so really it was around £16.7m. As for Leno, he was around £19-20m as his release clause was €22m.

I hadn't thought of the possibility of Perez staying now with Emery on board, same with Joel Campbell. Guess it depends on whether he likes what he sees in training. I'd be happy to see him given more of a chance, but it will be off the bench and cup games you'd imagine. Maybe he'll bin both off and put faith in Eddie.

It'll be interesting to see whether he opts for Laca up top with Auba on the left, or Auba up top, or both. Perhaps he might mix it up a bit to keep everyone happy and give the likes of Iwobi opportunities. Likewise with how he will utilise Ozil (finally our #10!) and Mkhitaryan.

• Paid Members

Any Bolton fans on here? Wondered what you thought of the news about the players going on strike over unpaid wages?

• Paid Members

:laugh: Conte's back to take the pre-season training tomorrow. I fucking love how everyone's calling each others bluff throughout this saga. It'll get even better when Napoli have to start pretending they'll go through with having Ancelotti and Sarri in the co-GMs gimmick to avoid a constructive dismissal claim!

• Paid Members

Yeah that looks done too- everyone has been reporting it over the past few days and Di Marzio (I think it was) claim the Juve chairman was getting a helicopter to wherever in Greece Ronaldo is holidaying in to get it finalised today. 105m euros or £, depending on who you believe. Juve will need to offload somebody to make way. A striker, Higuain? Dybala? A winger would surely make more sense.

edit: BBC reporting it will go through in a matter of hours. They don't stick their neck out for shit these days, so that's it pretty much confirmed.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah that looks done too- everyone has been reporting it over the past few days and Di Marzio (I think it was) claim the Juve chairman was getting a helicopter to wherever in Greece Ronaldo is holidaying in to get it finalised today. 105m euros or £, depending on who you believe. Juve will need to offload somebody to make way. A striker, Higuain? Dybala? A winger would surely make more sense.

Guardian just confirmed it at £88.3m.

I know he's Cristiano Ronaldo and he's still brilliant and all but holy hell that's a lot of money for a 33 year old.

I wonder if Bale might now stay in Madrid.

• Paid Members

I reckon Bale will definitely stay, you can tell from the interviews with him after the CL final that he wasn't Zidane's guy. With him gone, he has a clean slate and will also no longer have that stigma bollocks of being in Ronaldo's shadow. If he stays fit, he will be the don of that team. The CL final was a reminder of just how fucking good he really is. Plus, almost nobody can afford him.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Plus, almost nobody can afford him.

I'm going to stop trying to guess who can afford who after this. I know Juve spent big on Higuain but this is on a different level in terms of overall package.

Torreira looks a cracking signing for Arsenal. Feisty little ball winner with loads of quality. Looks on Kante's level when it comes to reading play and covering the ground.

• Paid Members

I think it's worth it for Juventus. This is Ronaldo, he's a genetic freak and he's not normal (and I think Juventus now have a 141 2/3rds% chance of winning the title next year).

I really do think he could continue being one of the best players in the world for another 3/4 years. Plus, Juventus get one of the most marketable names in sports history.

Archived