General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Awaiting the international clearance, same for the Jiminez signing. They're not signed till they're holding the shirt. The joy of Patricio is it appears to be on a free. Liverpool are fucking idiots for not persuing him.

Cancelo and Guedes are looking potentials, namely as Valencia and PSG are gonna fail FFP and Juve, who want Cancelo have to sell four players before the end of the month.

If Juve don't sell them, both players may be coming out way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Mwuhaha!

What a load of bollocks. Wolves fans at times are deluded (including myself) but the above is pure stupidity.

I want to thrive, and with the team we have right now we could push top ten. But I'd be happy with one above relegation as long as the foundations laid keep being built upon.

2 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

So I woke up to the news that Newcastle have signed Ki Seung Yung on a free. Good deal that or so you'd think. Cue a trip to the Newcastle boards where half the fans are acting like this is a portent of the actual apocalypse. 

Am I missing something?

I thought he was a good player at Sunderland till the final run in where we pulled off one of our many great escaped and he either went missing or was ''injured'' really good signing on a free though imo

3 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

I thought he was a good player at Sunderland till the final run in where we pulled off one of our many great escaped and he either went missing or was ''injured'' really good signing on a free though imo

Yeah, especially if we're selling Merino which is looking like a certainty. Truth to tell I'm happier with Ki in the squad than Merino who was good right up until we actually bought him and he immediately fucked his back. Ki at least seems solid and consistent whenever I've seen him.

@Kamaras-tash, what's the mood like among Sunderland fans right now? Do the new people seem to know what they're doing? I heard there was some rumblings about the financials being dodgy but, a) I'm a Mag and therefore in no place to talk about another club's finances and b) It was from The Mag so it's not exactly impartial!

2 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

@Kamaras-tash, what's the mood like among Sunderland fans right now? Do the new people seem to know what they're doing? I heard there was some rumblings about the financials being dodgy but, a) I'm a Mag and therefore in no place to talk about another club's finances and b) It was from The Mag so it's not exactly impartial!

Things seem ok at the minute, Stewart Donald being on Twitter and replying to fans is causing a few issues though as people are taking things he says in 100 different ways. The finances seem fine and Ellis Short wiped all debt from the club but some still expect us to be spending millions on players which is mental, we've shifted Rodwell as well so thats a hefty chunk off the wage bill.

The Juan Sartori link is interesting though he owns a 3% stake in the team now which could expand upon promotion, I expect us to spend within our budget to go up this year and move on from there. I for one am happy we're not willing to toss 10's of thousands a week at utter clowns any more.

1 hour ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Things seem ok at the minute, Stewart Donald being on Twitter and replying to fans is causing a few issues though as people are taking things he says in 100 different ways. The finances seem fine and Ellis Short wiped all debt from the club but some still expect us to be spending millions on players which is mental, we've shifted Rodwell as well so thats a hefty chunk off the wage bill.

The Juan Sartori link is interesting though he owns a 3% stake in the team now which could expand upon promotion, I expect us to spend within our budget to go up this year and move on from there. I for one am happy we're not willing to toss 10's of thousands a week at utter clowns any more.

With another bit of luck, we might be able to show Lee Barry Cattermole where the exit is. 

New long-term contract for Salah, joining Firmino who signed one in April. Runs until at least 2023. Get Mane tied down and I'll be elated.

Foundations are being built for sure. Van Dijk, Fabinho and Keita are all going to be on four year deals at least. Trent, Roberston and Ox all signing contracts last year. Can't recall an occasion where I've been more optimistic for a season, genuinely.

Contract extensions are just an assurance we'll get top whack when  we sell them, which we will as it's clearly how we do things. 

I'm reserving optimism until I see what happens with the GK situation. If the Echo run a story saying Kloppo only want Alisson and is happy to stick with Karius if he can't get him then I won't be getting carried away.

Archived