General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/uruguay-got-the-world-cups-ultimate-prize-russias-group/

In stuff that'll only interest stats nerds like me, @Gus Mears and @Guy Bifkin, FiveThirtyEight have started their World Cup preview with Group A, I'm interested to see how accurate their percentages will be and nobody else will be.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I bet Lister will know this. Will the BBC be showing the World Cup Documentary films again like they did for 2014 on BBC2?. I wish they would hurry up and get 1986 on DVD or Blu Ray or something. I bet Michael Caine's melodic tones and Rick Wakeman's Casio Keyboard would sound great.

• Paid Members

They're all being shown on the History Channel Baz, I think they're adding them to catch-up as and when they've aired. They have 70-98 available so far I think (but not 94), as well as a load of other documentaries. Bring Me The Head Of Maradona is a good watch.

• Paid Members

Sorry for the double post, but apparently Arsenal have just made a second bid for Sporting's Gelson Martins. Our first bid of £30m was rejected by Sporting and their insane president. Soooo we have made a second bid...of £30m.

Fucking love this club.

• Paid Members

Gelson Martins is on the 'Im going to cancel my contract' list.

If they don't accept 30mil, they could just face him walking away for nothing. You've got them by the bollocks, as you can guarantee they'll have resubmitted the same bid with a wry smile and a look of 'are you sure?'

Top top player by the way. Since Wolves have had an Iberian influence I've watched a shit tonne of Portuguese footie, Gelson Martin's is easily one of the best players in that league.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Liverpool get a piece of that action now the legs have (literally) fallen off the Fekir deal. Not the same players but we have a weird choice of back up signings that are nothing like the first choice, see Mane for Gotze and Salah for Brandt. Go even further back and see Pennant for Dani Alves, then laugh in our faces.

On 6/10/2018 at 3:05 PM, Keith Houchen said:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/uruguay-got-the-world-cups-ultimate-prize-russias-group/

In stuff that'll only interest stats nerds like me, @Gus Mears and @Guy Bifkin, FiveThirtyEight have started their World Cup preview with Group A, I'm interested to see how accurate their percentages will be and nobody else will be.

They've been great reads. The author, Michael Caley, is well worth a follow on Twitter if you see the merits in the expected goals analysis of football.

2 minutes ago, Van Dammer said:

They've been great reads. The author, Michael Caley, is well worth a follow on Twitter if you see the merits in the expected goals analysis of football.

Ah, I suppose to an odds setter they must be a source of reference.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Sorry for the double post, but apparently Arsenal have just made a second bid for Sporting's Gelson Martins. Our first bid of £30m was rejected by Sporting and their insane president. Soooo we have made a second bid...of £30m.

Fucking love this club.

Yup, reports are saying he's now cancelled his contract with Sporting. 6 players in total so far.

• Paid Members

No, that was a big shock. It's still very hard to measure him up, he's a much bigger risk than Emery is for us and even a bigger risk than when they appointed FSW.

I bet you're bloody chuffed, aren't you?

Archived