General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

Of course, why wouldn't they? This is just an extra (new) package of live games that Amazon have 'won'/bought. Weekdays and bank holidays.

Loads of people online kept saying they were happy to see the back of the BBC, but I couldn't find any reference to them losing the normal MOTD highlights in the news story.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

How on earth did I forget that? Was it that unmemorable?! Now I try hard to remember, I recall you signing Jelle Van Damme and thinking at the time that he could be a good signing for you (he wasn't).

I honestly wish I could forget those years, it was an absolute slog on life watching us lose every week for three seasons.

And Jelle was a decent signing, in the 6 games he played, then he got homesick and went back to Belgium till he could sign for Liege the fucking loser, we then had to play a striker at left back for the rest of our Premier experience, mind you Ward got God knows how many caps and still plays for Burnley at Left back.

1 hour ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Loads of people online kept saying they were happy to see the back of the BBC, but I couldn't find any reference to them losing the normal MOTD highlights in the news story.

And @Teedy Kay mentions them having all highlights but he may just mean for those 20 games. The BBC article explaining who won what didn't mention highlights at all I don't think.

17 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Jesus, it appears Villa may be taking out a mammoth loan to pay off HMRC, with interest it could cripple them financially for years. 

They may have failed FFP as well which means a fine (that they potentially can't pay) and points deduction for next season is inbound.

How do you fail FFP with parachute payments coming in? 

They are in serious trouble. Their Chinese investor doesn't have the means to take cash out of China and invest it in the club anymore either.

Villa are my second team. Basically, they're paying the price of rank stupidity with contracts. Rumours are Micah Richards is on 60k a week, McCormack is on 40k, Henri Lansbury about the same, and the Italian goalkeeper Gollini is on 30k a week, none of whom are anywhere near the starting eleven. Chuck in John Terry, Agbonlahor on crazy money, paying off Di Matteo and huge transfer fees on crap players (Scott Hogan, James Bree...) the bigger shock is that it took this long. Story goes that Xia can take a certain amount of money out of China, but seems very reluctant to. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, MungoChutney said:

And @Teedy Kay mentions them having all highlights but he may just mean for those 20 games. The BBC article explaining who won what didn't mention highlights at all I don't think.

From the Beeb article

"In addition to live action, there will also be weekly highlights of all Premier League games throughout the season, although it has not been announced when that will be broadcast"

MOTD will continue, but if Amazon have a show without the usual dross the BBC put out, especially punditry wise, it'll be a great alternative.

@Devon Malcolm

Yeah, second team, I know. My excuse is that for so many years, mainly at school, Exeter were so crap I had to like a top flight team too. I chose Villa. 

Been quite a crap few weeks for me. Not many can have two losing play off finalists in the same season! 

35 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

From the Beeb article

"In addition to live action, there will also be weekly highlights of all Premier League games throughout the season, although it has not been announced when that will be broadcast"

MOTD will continue, but if Amazon have a show without the usual dross the BBC put out, especially punditry wise, it'll be a great alternative.

Cheers, no idea how I missed that! 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Grecian said:

@Devon Malcolm

Yeah, second team, I know. My excuse is that for so many years, mainly at school, Exeter were so crap I had to like a top flight team too. I chose Villa. 

Been quite a crap few weeks for me. Not many can have two losing play off finalists in the same season! 

I get you pal. I know what's like to support a lower division team while all your classmates support Liverpool and later Man Utd. Even when I'd admit to support "Hull Shitty", someone would still go "Yeah, but who do you really support?"

2 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

From the Beeb article

I'm guessing they might be the 3 minute highlights like you get via the Sky App.

Be interesting to see who they have presenting the show. 

• Paid Members

Completely get the second team thing. All through primary and High school I classed Portsmouth as my second team as I always played as them on Championship Manager and they had a shirt on sale in the local JJB sports randomly and it helped me choose. It was tiring when people would ask who I supported if I tried to explain Hereford. Even more exhausting explaining why Pompey over your Arsenal, United and Chelsea's.

Archived