General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I mean, Liverpool have bought some great talent there, and I love Fabinho and Fekir, they're players I would have looked forward to seeing in the Premier League if they weren't playing for Liverpool. But if they don't buy any defenders or a keeper, again, Klopp is an idiot.

Man City won the league and had a good defensive record by always having the ball and scoring tons of goals(yes over simplifying) so teams were too scared to attack them. There's not one City defender I'd swap big Virg' for.

I just think Klopp, who has a finite budget will probably go, "£20m for an old head at the back or shall I buy 5-10 more goals with Shaqiri?" And add that squat little shit head every time. 

Now if he doesn't address the goalkeeper situation I will be inclined to agree on the idiot remark but for now I'm sticking with maverick.

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Harry Kane has signed a new 6 year contract at Spurs. Stand by my opinion of a few months ago that he should move now while he's hot but fair play to the kid for showing loyalty to his club. Great move for Spurs, unless there's a get-out clause.

While he's hot? He's 24. He's only going to get better. 

Nothing more to add other than, I am pleased as punch about this. Just need a worthy under study for his inevitable 4 weeks out period and all is good.

Saw some nonsense the other day about Pulisic for £50m to us being a done deal and that'd be nice, but I can't help thinking what we need is someone with a winner mentality like Van Der Vaart, Davids etc...COS SPUDS ALWAYS BOTTLE IT PUT PRESSURE ON LOLZZZZZ

Any suggestions? Yaya Toure? 

Jack Grealish for £40m will do the trick!

On Pulisic, I can only imagine it will be much closer to the Dembele fee than it is to £50m. He's potentially the first US' megastar and Dortmund ain't giving up that sweet sweet merch.

I reckon he ends up at United with some shiney new nike/adidas/kit supplier boots.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Any suggestions? 

If you want a winner, look no further than somebody that has won more FA Cups than your boys have in 35 years. Somebody that always gets stuck in and has that 'never say die' English attitude. Somebody that wears his heart on his sleeve, even when faced with criticism. Somebody that is available on a free.

That somebody, my friend, is Jack Wilshere.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

If you want a winner, look no further than somebody that has won more FA Cups than your boys have in 35 years. Somebody that always gets stuck in and has that 'never say die' English attitude. Somebody that wears his heart on his sleeve, even when faced with criticism. Somebody that is available on a free.

That somebody, my friend, is Jack Wilshere.

Thought you were better than this...

No thanks. Take Ramsay off you though.

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I reckon Wilshere moves to United after Arsenal sign Fellaini, in a Mickael Silvestre/Van Persie situation where Man Utd inevitably end up better off. 

Well that situation never happened, as Silvestre joined and subsequent left Arsenal 2 years before Van Persie moved to United.

8 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Well that situation never happened, as Silvestre joined and subsequent left Arsenal 2 years before Van Persie moved to United.

Sorry, I should've been clear - I know they weren't part of the same deal, but I think it's fair to say that in those particular Arsenal-Man Utd transfer dealings, the van Persie to Utd sale was a little more successful than the Silvestre transfer down south. 

• Paid Members

One thing to remember is that a lot of the Brits moved abroad due to the ban on English clubs in European competition. But yes, you're right. It's hardly surprising though, if you're from the country with the richest league in the world then you're unlikely to move abroad. At least some of the younger players are seeing the benefits from moving abroad nowadays.

4 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Do Barcelona, AC Milan etc actually come in for any of the current England squad?

Players like Kane and Alli occasionally get linked with the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona but nothing ever materialises. The last England player to try their hand abroad was Joe Hart at Torino a couple of years ago.

Archived