General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I can't believe we saw Benzema pull the FIFA International Soccer trick for the first goal. Proper Mega Drive goal. Used to work every time for me. I don't know which was the worse mistake- that one or the 2nd Bale goal.

Still, that first Bale goal though. Wow. He also dropped a huge hint afterwards that he's looking to leave Real this summer. I'm chuffed for him, after a tough couple of years he needed a moment like that tonight.

Ronaldo not scoring and making the win about him made a Real win so much more bearable.

Also, really hope Salah is fine for the World Cup. It'd be heartbreaking if he misses it, more so than if any other player were to miss out.

• Paid Members

Bale's doing the old "give me a new contract please" trick all the Madrid lot are doing. United will spend all summer chasing him and end up with Willian.

Karius, though. Definitely goes down as a special day in football history. There's been fuck ups, but those two were something.

• Paid Members

Apparently Ronaldo also made some comments about his future at Madrid, getting interviewed on the pitch. I'd love to see Bale back at Spurs but after tonight I'm not sure we could afford him.

• Paid Members

Fuck me, as a Goalkeeper in my playing days, my heart usually goes out to any Goalie who fucks up like that, but the second one especially was just dog-shit goalkeeping. He ain't for this level clearly.

Felt for him at the end though when no Liverpool players consoled him.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Apparently Ronaldo also made some comments about his future at Madrid, getting interviewed on the pitch.

Yeah, but that's almost definitely his classic 'pay me more than Messi gets' play he makes every other year.

Imagine Levy offering £15m plus Llorente for Bale.

• Paid Members

Karius. Jesus wept. Not sure if the second mistake happens if the first one doesn't happen, lapse in concentration and dwelling on the previous mistake possibly, but clearly not cut out for that level. In all seriousness and on a human level though, hopefully he has a strong support network around him to help him bounce back from something like that. 

That Karius performance made my night after a shitty work day having to put up hearing that lot parade up and down the city centre, setting off smoke bombs and causing a road to be shut down completely on what is usually a busy Saturday anyway, the silence from Anfield was deafening even when they scored (I live 10 mins away from the ground)

• Awards Moderator
59 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

That Karius performance made my night after a shitty work day having to put up hearing that lot parade up and down the city centre, setting off smoke bombs and causing a road to be shut down completely on what is usually a busy Saturday anyway, the silence from Anfield was deafening even when they scored (I live 10 mins away from the ground)

Behave. I was in town today and as a neutral, it was fantastic. Win or lose, the city was vibrant and a pleasure to see. Smoke bombs? Good on them. They're in a European Cup final and if they can't be at the game, why not make the most of it in town? Real have given your lot your season highlight, no doubt, but to have a whinge about how town was today is a bit thick.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

the silence from Anfield was deafening even when they scored

I don't understand. You're saying Liverpool fans didn't make a noise when Mane scored? Or what?

Archived