General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

To be fair to Hart, shit as he is, one of his best attributes as a goalie was his confidence and self belief. Obviously it's a little misplaced now but it's not surprising he thinks he should have been picked.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Got to be honest, I thought it was harsh on Hart when he was replaced having won two titles. It looked a poor decision too when Bravo didn't work out. Hard to criticise Pep though. He has principles. He knows what he wants to do and he doesn't waiver. Going out and buying Ederson was a clear indication that he got it wrong but you couldn't say that this season. Ederson isn't the best stopper and he wouldn't win you titles in the way Peter Schmeichel or Petr Cech would years ago but he's exactly what they want. He passes better than most midfielders and has balls of steel.

In fairness to Hart and Wilshere, there's been a load said today but what the fuck do people expect them to say? "I'm shit, Gareth was right to bin me"? They believe they should have gone. Of course they do. We're such prissy fuckers in this country. We bemoan these robots who never say owt but when someone does, we get all offended.

• Paid Members

So Platini has admitted the 98 World Cup draw was rigged using 'shenanigans' so Brazil and France would only meet in the final, in the hopes they would for France to have a 'dream final' for their competition.

Draws have obviously been said to have been rigged for bloody years. Platini has told the world it can be done and has been many times. It's like finding out wrestling is 'definitely' fake.

• Paid Members

Isn't that been blown a bit out of proportion? It's not clever but if it's just putting them in specific groups to avoid each other and not fixing their opponents then it's not as bad as it could be and certainly not unique.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Isn't that been blown a bit out of proportion? It's not clever but if it's just putting them in specific groups to avoid each other and not fixing their opponents then it's not as bad as it could be and certainly not unique.

I agree. Unless they're arranging for teams to actually throw matches, all they're doing is an unauthorised seeding system, really. Pretty sure the same thing happened in Germany in 2006, and they didn't even win it.

Might bypass a few people (I wasn't aware) but The History Channel are doing a 2 week History of Football event which could be very bloody good. Their Twitter feed is full of interesting tweets at the moment too. See The Ramble have even got involved. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Oh I agree, I just think the admission makes all the 'easier route to final' draws or 'big derby magically being drawn for TV purposes in a quarter' draws that have happened over the years so much more blatantly cheated by the competition for viewing purposes.

After Platini's admission there's absolutely no reason to have a draw at all, unless you get an over excited and possibly half pissed Rod Stewart lending a hand for shots and giggles.

Archived