General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

In your dreams. We are gradually getting our identity back. That's the trade-off for the League One squad. It's almost like they've gone "Yeah, OK. You can be Hull City. But Hull City are going to be fucking shit. Enjoy."

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I still think there should be limits on what the parachute money can be spent on. The idea of them was to help cover the costs of the expensive contracts a club is left with after going down wasn't it? It does my bastard head in when clubs are using the extra millions to buy additional players and actually add to the wage bill, or in Hull's case, lining the pockets of the cunts who buys them as playthings...

• Paid Members

Yeah, it looks that way, shame your owners haven't taken on board what the fans think and then go with them, like Cardiff's owner has. Similar thing, went for big changes (kit colour) for marketing and identity purposes, the fans spoke and so he went back.

Onto the 'Joe Hart not making the squad' subject, naturally he thinks he should've gone.

"I know what I bring to the team"- what he brings is worry and anxiety whenever the opposition have the ball 30 yards out.Screenshot_20180518-102745_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d6b41bc3a0675603c6cb3bb58d2a78ad.jpg

20 hours ago, PunkStep said:

But you have Declan Rice, whom according to my friend (West Ham supporter) England should've gone all out to convince into playing in midfield for England at the World Cup.

He could still do a 'Grealish' I believe, really have to cap him in our next competitive match.

• Paid Members

Any Cardiff fans in here? Just thought I'd let you know what your £6.5m, 0 goal signing is up to at the minute. Gary Madine is currently on my Brother in Laws stag do in Magaluff with about 10 other Championship players. Thing is, he's the only one acting like a spoiled, entitled cunt. He's walking around paralytic, trying to fight every bloke out there and insisting he pisses or shits on every pub floor they visit. Thats one classy guy!

Makes you wonder though, what makes these guys believe they can act like complete cunts?

3 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

what other players are on the trip?

Sadly, i think its the money thing that goes to a players head and makes them think they can do things and act a certain way, and get away with it, due to the high income they have, almost like they feel "above" or better" than others due to it

In all fairness, isn't that people in general rather than just footballers with high incomes.

With him the story doesn't surprise me. He has had a couple of convictions of abh and gbh. The modern day Duncan Disorderly.

16 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Both Hart & Wilshere really come across like spoilt entitled kids. I get that there is disappointment but its also disrespectful to the other players in the squad. Especially Hart who has been terrible for much of the season. 

I thought Wilshire's "Any good festivals this summer?" Tweet was quite funny actually. As far as Joe Hart goes, I think if he's annoyed with anyone, it should be Pep Guardiola for replacing him with Claudio Bravo (a definite downgrade as far as I'm concerned). I still think that on his day, Joe Hart is the best keeper England have and Guardiola has treated him terribly. I still think Hart will be back as England's number 1.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

In all fairness, isn't that people in general rather than just footballers with high incomes.

I can't say I've ever felt the need to act that way in fairness.

@LCJ good lord no, he's far from England's best keeper. Gareth Southgate didn't drop him for the sake of it, he still even had him as first choice until the end of 2017. He had been terrible by his previous standards and poor by the standards of everyone else over the past 2 years or so. I'd put him as England's 5th keeper at best, and his experience is pushing him up that far. Let's be honest, he was never that good. Just a lot better than any other contenders and perhaps better than any of the tosh we had since Seaman (although I'd definitely rate James much higher).

• Paid Members
Just now, LCJ said:

I still think that on his day, Joe Hart is the best keeper England have and Guardiola has treated him terribly. I still think Hart will be back as England's number 1.

While I agree he was fucked over by Pep's handling of the situation, I fail to see when his 'day' is. I watched a load of Torino season before last and he was woeful there and continued that form to West Ham. I can't see how any manager could pick him on merit and I don't think the changing room needs some bloke who spaffs his pants in the tunnel before a Euro quarter final. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

what other players are on the trip?

Sadly, i think its the money thing that goes to a players head and makes them think they can do things and act a certain way, and get away with it, due to the high income they have, almost like they feel "above" or better" than others due to it

They are mainly Bolton players(that's who Mark, my brother in law plays for), but there is also a few from Millwall and a lad who plays in goal a bit further down the leagues at Wallsall. I was going to go myself, but I don't ave the kind of money to spunk up the wall that they have.

It must be something to do with the money and the fact that most players don't really have to live in the real world while maturing. Many of them have had everything given to them since they were teenangers and haven't had to work for anything(in the traditional sense).

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

It must be something to do with the money and the fact that most players don't really have to live in the real world while maturing. Many of them have had everything given to them since they were teenangers and haven't had to work for anything(in the traditional sense).

Yeah I think there's something in this. However, you don't tend to get it as much with non-British players do you? It's probably the above coupled with the good old British culture of getting shit-faced and acting like a cunt. It's no wonder everybody hates us.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, LCJ said:

As far as Joe Hart goes, I think if he's annoyed with anyone, it should be Pep Guardiola for replacing him with Claudio Bravo (a definite downgrade as far as I'm concerned). I still think that on his day, Joe Hart is the best keeper England have and Guardiola has treated him terribly. I still think Hart will be back as England's number 1.

Bravo was selected by Guardiola because he wanted a keeper who would fit his system. Same with Ederson. Hart did not. It was a gamble that didn't pay off initially but nobody could deny it hasn't been a roaring success this season, although I think Ederson will be found out for his keeping sooner or later.

Hart may have been the best keeper England had but suggesting he still is must be ignoring his last two seasons, where he has constantly made errors for City, Torino, England and West Ham. Will he get back there? Anything's possible.

But his form was on a downturn before Guardiola took over anyway, ask any City fan. 

• Paid Members

Yep and the thing is, Pep coming in and having the balls to drop him was a huge blessing in that area as Hart was seen as one of those untouchable types for City. His performances during his last season for City weren't good. They weren't particularly awful (when compared to his Torino and West Ham spells), but not good either and his position was definitely an area for improvement that no other manager would've bothered addressing.

• Paid Members

Lambert just hasn't been the same since he left Carrow Road. Just hasn't been able to recapture the magic. Our players respected him fiercely and would run through brick walls for him, maybe he just hasn't been able to command that same type of presence in his subsequent jobs. Perhaps not entirely fair given that there's been varying circumstances with each of those clubs but it's sad to see him falling from grace a bit. 

Looks as though Darren Moore is set to land the West Brom job permanently - fair play to him if that goes through. How he got them playing well and unbeaten right up until the last game is remarkable. 

Archived