General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

Yeh i agree. The midfield in particular looks woeful.  

Yep, which is one of the big reasons why he's going for 3/5 at the back you'd imagine (along with the fact that many of the players are familiar with that system now). We're bare bones in midfield, which is why Henderson is there, Livermore is on standby and Wilshere and Jonjo fucking Shelvey just missed the squad.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

england-xi-fc33f3262960cfbe611955e0cf407

Defensively it's shite, but when Panama and Tunisia are playing one up front it should rip them apart.

Cavalier, score more than the opposition, has seemingly worked for Liverpool this season with a God awful defence. Just fucking go for it a and use good old fashioned English running, pace and energy to go at teams. If we defend leads we lose games I reckon.

• Paid Members

Something like this, or whichever formation best includes wing backs and three forwards.

I'd have RLC to provide a bit of spark, having three at the back lessens the need to have two deep lying midfielders. Plus, fuck having Jordan Henderson in there.

I've just realised I don't have Dele Alli in there. Hmmm. Him, Rashford and Vardy impact subs it is then. Or maybe Dele in for RLC.

Screenshot_20180517-082725_Chrome.jpg

• Paid Members

We need to keep it tight at the back and block off the midfield. I like the idea of Welbeck and Vardy up front, as it gives us a good out ball from defence and will really stretch teams on the break. Playing two fullbacks in midfield might seem overly defensive, but it will offer great balance when soaking up pressure, allowing us to play a flat back 6 at times. That CM partnership does it all; oodles of creativity and I can see Henderson lobbing 40 yard rockets up front for Danny Welbeck to fall over. 

england_xi_a2b7ddf6a70ec4ab71f2f9b783848

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Feels weird that the transfer window is open and the FA Cup final hasn't even been played.

I didn't even know this until you mentioned it. Can they sign players not based on the UK? I presume so, similar to how clubs from other leagues with different transfer windows (e.g. China) are able to sign PL players when our window is closed.

That's probably why Sky Sports and other outlets are claiming we're trying to sign Sokratis, Seri and some young Turkish CB (I'm sure there's a Rod Stewart song to be sung there) sharpish. Getting early business done in this window is going to be essential I think.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

Worst squad on paper i have ever seen.

What did you expect from the "talent pool"? I wouldn't be against wildcards like Sessagnon, Lookman, Sancho or Mount going instead of Welbeck but even if they did it'd just be untried youngsters and the rest. This is what we have to work with. The promising aspect is that we could have a lot of these lads in the squad for the next 2/3 tournaments.

Listened to Southgate's presser this morning. I thought he spoke excellently and I think that, whether or not he can resolve them, he understands the problems that have dogged England in the past. I say that as someone who wanted a top class coach, regardless of nationality, and thought Southgate was a soft choice.

I think no one will ever be happy with his team selection and its a decent mix from what he has to choose from. Someone who is better placed than most to say which youngsters should be called up is Gareth Southgate.

Welbeck's name was jarring to me, but he's played at this level and has proven he's able to score for England. 15 goals in 37 appearances which isn't bad going.

Maybe there's an argument for Sessegnon, but not for Sancho in my opinion.

Jaysus. A few players from a champions league finalist, a key member of the unstoppable champions and two strikers who have both scored 20+ goals this season. Ye have it bad alright!

Spare a thought for Ireland and our scrounging around the bottom of the championship and league one for players. Shane poxy Long is our best striker and I think he's scored two goals in the last decade or so.

Archived