General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Closes on Thursday August 9th, same as the Premier League?

Yes, EFL voted for it too. Opens this Thursday.

Edit: Apologies if you meant earlier than August 4th. I took Ralphy's question to mean earlier than the usual August 31st.

For anybody interested Scotland's is 9th June-1st September. Doesn't allow much time to get players in before they start. Celtic start on 10th-11th July, Rangers and Hibs or Motherwell start 12th July and Aberdeen 26th July.

Surely this years transfer window for England will massively conflict with the World Cup as many teams will wait until after it to sell players in it in the hope they play well and get a higher value. This allows less than a month after the World Cup. (I think ends 15th July). Spain, Germany, Italy and France all have until the end of August.

13 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

@SuperBacon @tiger_rick apologies if i wasn't clear with my original post. What i mean is that does the EFL Window close the same day as the PL window

Its all a bit confusing and unclear!! 

No worries! From what I understand is clubs can buy up until the 9th, but continue to sell up until the 31st, with the usual emergency keeper situation remaining

• Paid Members

Hmmm...I think we've made a terrible mistake.

In principle, I think closing the window before the league starts is a brilliant idea. Every manager hates the fact they do not have a full or settled squad until everyone is back from the first international break. It's a logistical nightmare and in theory I'm in favour of the change.

The problem is, PL clubs are at a huge disadvantage unless everyone buys into it. Clubs from the other leagues tend not to have this last minute panic to replenish their squad as much as we do here, so there's less incentive for them to change. Even less incentive now that the richest league can't buy their players for the last three weeks in August!

Add into the mix the fact that this is a World Cup year, leaving less time to get deals done, means PL clubs have a very tight timeframe to sort their business out. Imagine a club that need to replace their manager of 22 years, that will likely want new players, with these restraints? This summer could be disastrous for us :(

• Paid Members

But that just means you'll still miss out on the player you want, AND you won't end up signing greats such as Serge Aurier instead. Imagine your team this season without Aurier!

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

But that just means you'll still miss out on the player you want, AND you won't end up signing greats such as Serge Aurier instead. Imagine your team this season without Aurier!

I actually think a full pre-season with Poch will do Aurier a world of good. I still have hope for Aurier! 

12 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I actually think a full pre-season with Poch will do Aurier a world of good. I still have hope for Aurier! 

He is a fucking liability and should never have been bought.

I would normally love to be proved wrong, and happily eat my words for the greater good, but no, not this time. I would rather see KWP be roasted by Sane time and time again, than watch that absolute fuck wit stink up White Hart Lane.

@PunkStep agree on the transfer window stuff. It is a very, VERY tight window with the WC this year. About 3 and a half weeks from final to the close.

I get the idea behind it and for most Premier League clubs it may work out okay as usually players move between them clubs so I totally get the unsettling thing. 

But if players can still move abroad then it gives the likes of Barcelona/Madrid more power to make a move late on after the window has closed and players (albeit maybe top level) will still be unsettled. Or they will low ball clubs on the last day of the english window knowing the window is open longer for clubs in Europe. 

• Paid Members
Just now, PunkStep said:

I decided to change into an away strip as we finally won a bloody away game!!

You got to change that profile status thing, too. You ain't nothing but a 6th place side now, homie.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Just stumbled across this, can't believe some of the figures here, i had no idea that clubs got paid this much for being in the PL 

DdFt3aVW4AAHUyh.jpg

Crazy, isn't it? And that's not including the 3 years parachute payments that the relegated clubs get for not even being in the sodding league any more. 

Archived