General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Lovely bit of football humour as Man City mock United with their "Twenty times" song. I can't help but feel pleased for Man City fans. Not going to pretend their success is in anyway organic and it could have been anyone really but they had decades in the shadows and now enjoy it. It's not an underdog story but that's not the fans' fault.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
10 hours ago, Fog Dude said:

Sorry to let facts get in the way again, but the 1995-96 season definitely had a 20-team Premiership with 38 matchdays. 

If anything that has to make overturning an 11 point gap even more feasible?

Actually, homework done the gap was 10 points in 95-96, but still it's folly to call the league over by Christmas.

• Paid Members

It's the classic Mourinho bullshit to deflect from a loss. Pay it no heed. 

I honestly could just fast-forward this season. Barring a collapse, we're going to mill around and finish 3rd or 4th, beating the odd team, losing to the odd team, playing some slightly above average football and struggling due to squad depth. Can't complain after the horror-show that was season before last, but it's just there. 

Edit: We've got Barca in the UCL. We'll lose, but looking forward to it more than I would have done PSG.

• Paid Members

Oh my god, I'm already seeing wonderful images of Ronnie crying as Neymar and Mbappe smash goal after goal past Kaylor Navas. Stick your Balon D'Or up your fanny.

ANYWAY over to the competition where the big boys play, we've drawn Osterlunds FK. Bet their name in Google searches is multiplied x 1,000,000 today.

Juventus is no easy tie for Spurs. I fancy Juventus to beat them over the two games although lots can change with form/injuries etc between now and the game. Juventus are in good form though, how they didn't beat Inter over the weekend I'll never know. Well Mandzukic had countless opportunities and mistimed everything. 

• Paid Members

There's zero chance Alonso didn't definitely know the ball he was picking was Barcelona. Surely there's a better way of drawing in that situation? He watched the ball get dropped in, grabbed it, then swirled the two balls ffs!

That said, I wanted this, can't fucking wait! It's time for a new breed of young lions to become warriors.

Terry-Puyol-gif.gif

• Paid Members

I broke my foot the day we won 1-0 at the Bridge and had a massive seizure four hours prior to the Nou Camp draw and ended up in hospital. Plainly, what the boys need is for me to have some sort of catastrophic injury shortly before kick-off and we'll be right as rain. 

Excluding potential League/FA cup ties, our four match schedule for February/start of March will be:

Barcelona
United
City
Barcelona.

Ouch. 

Our team on paper is better than in 2012 and Barcelona's is worse. However, there is just a total lack of sack with this lot comparatively. 

8 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

If anything that has to make overturning an 11 point gap even more feasible?

Nah, the previous season there were 22 teams, so 42 games each and even more chance to close the points gap. But yeah, as you say it's impossible to win the league by Christmas anyway. 

• Paid Members

Spurs have a similar run of big time games around the Juventus second leg, Gus. 

Briefcase, has anybody said last year's runners up is an easy tie for Spurs? No sane person thinks that. We have seemed this season (with some exceptions) to raise our games against teams perceived to be a fair bit stronger than us. Mainly in Europe actually. 

I am confident we have a decent chance of progressing over the two legs. But if we don't, it'd hardly be an embarrassment to go out to last year's runners up and a team like Juventus. Anyone who was after Basel or Besiktas was dumb because almost certainly we would have gone out to those teams because we're Tottenham Hotspur. 

I'll be at the home leg. Seeing us beat Madrid 3-1 at home live was one of the best footballing experiences of my life. Would be great to see us beat Juventus  (in a competitive setting) as well. 

The matches for this round are great. Looking forward to so many of them. 

Archived