General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The Championship is average this season. So frustrating that we're dogshit because we'd be right up there with any of our recent Championship squads. We'd be 5th if we'd hald on to the points we've chucked away and we're shite.

Wolves are class but the rest aren't. Some managers doing outstanding jobs though making teams that are far better than the sum of their parts. Warnock and Lee Johnson particularly.

• Paid Members

Warnock has worked miracles on that Cardiff side. As Rick says, the composite parts are pretty arse, but he's got them playing well and grinding out wins. Would like to see Cardiff back up (the old man was born there and supports them), even with the prize pillock they have as chairman.

17 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

The Championship is average this season. So frustrating that we're dogshit because we'd be right up there with any of our recent Championship squads. We'd be 5th if we'd hald on to the points we've chucked away and we're shite.

Wolves are class but the rest aren't. Some managers doing outstanding jobs though making teams that are far better than the sum of their parts. Warnock and Lee Johnson particularly.

The only poor sides I have seen so far this season at Craven Cottage have been Bolton (a bunch of kickers) and Norwich. It feels like a real bun fight to separate from the pack this year. The real surprise is I thought Wednesday would be right up in the mix but they have fallen away.

• Paid Members

In fairness, the Championship is rarely high quality. I love it as much as the next person but the reason it's exciting and unpredictable and atritional is because it generally contains 20 sides you couldn't separate with a peice of paper and a couple at the top and bottom who are really good or shit. I should have added Chris Wilder to the over-acheiving managers.

Otherwise Birmingham are the worst team I've seen. Bolton and Burton are close. Not been at all impressed by Barnsley, Millwall, Norwich, Reading, Preston, QPR, Wendies, Ipswich or Sunderland. Derby beat us 5-0 and their fans were moaning that they were shit. We were absolutely rotten in that game and still had the majority of possession, 9 corners and 18 shots.

Bristol City were diabolical for 70 mins in our recent game. People genuinely baffled by how they were top 5. But the mentality they showed in the last 20 and the desire to win a game they hadn't been in is why they are up there. gret togetherness celebrating with fans afterwards. We've not had that for ages. So sad.

Not knocking the league, it's a great competition but the quality isn't there. Probably the most pleasing to watch team I've seen other than Wolves is Forest. Great young players.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, rubbafish said:

Speaking of bets, I put one on pre-season. Villa, Wigan & Notts County all to get promoted. Just over 39/1. Can cash out now for £6.40... do I run with it or cash out just after Xmas?

I can't see Cardiff drifting away like Sheff Utd will, and Wolves have only got out of 2nd gear against Leeds so far this season.

Villa are going to be a risk for you as I'm sure they'll enter the lottery that is the play offs, and a driven Bristol City (who I think look a very good side) would be a difficult team to play in knockout footie.

If Derby and Boro get their act truly together they'll be an awkward side too.

• Paid Members

Former Cameroon international Benjamin Massing has died at 55, which is no age. Not a well-known player as such, but he is responsible for perhaps the greatest foul in World Cup history (on Claudio Cannigia), so any excuse to watch this again:

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, D@mm said:

I think Jose is off in the summer.

Why's that then?

Can't see anyone other than United finishing 2nd, the other four teams are just far too inconsistent and are more likely to drop points in my view. Chelsea should take 3rd, whilst the battle for 4th is going to be an extremely close three way race. I think we'll miss out.

Archived