• Paid Members

Right, I've worked the World Cup out.

Quarter Finals:

Portugal vs. France

Brazil vs. Belgium

Spain vs. Argentina

Germany vs. England 

If anything spoils that, I hate them.

Brazil to knock France out in the sekus, while Spain beat Germany and then out-Brazil Brazil.

In actual news, on Saturday 16th June there are matches at 11am, 2pm, 5pm and 8pm. I'll be on the sofa if anyone wants me.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

1978 2nd Round Group A: West Germany, Austria, Italy, Netherlands. both the GDR and Austria border 2 countries in the same group.

Probably happened a lot of other times too when the tournament was more Euro-centric.

I would hazard a guess that the USSR/Russia, with all the borders it has with so many countries, must have a pretty good shot at that too.

EDIT: Wow, turns out it didn't. Nearest they got was sharing a group with North Korea in '66, Hungary in '86, and Romania in '90.

• Paid Members

Same quarters line-up as you @tiger_rick but Croatia instead of Argentina- as next summer's dark horse (France to eliminate the dismal Argentina in the second round).

Totally stuck on the France/Brazil semi- gonna opt for Brazil for now, to then beat Germany in the final. France to beat Croatia in the semis.

Neymar to win the balon d'or as a result of this being HIS tournament. Leon Goretzka young player of the tournament. Giroud golden boot :love:

• Paid Members

Thats up there with the best games I've seen in ages. Just stunning all round.

Utd's goals were brilliant. Lingard gets a lot of flack but he's really stepped up last 2 games.

De Gea though. When you consider De Gea doesn't have Pallister Bruce Neville Irwin Stam Johnsen Berg May in front of him.. Considering we are not miles ahead of everyone else.. I think De Gea could arguably be seen as being better than Schemeichel.

• Paid Members

Next week's derby could have been a cracker, but that red card for Pogba has fucked it. He's been far and away our best player and with him out I just don't see us being able to have a proper go at City. 

Quite a frantic game from what I was able to see of it this evening. So pleased for Messi Lingard though, I love seeing him do well for himself.

Archived