General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Cracking draw for Hereford. If we make it past our replay I really can't see Leicester risking an upset by sending a second string side. We came so close on Saturday to sealing the win so many times though. Possibility of Vardy and Mahrez at Edgar Street is tantalising. Mahrez won't have a bloody clue what he's walked into. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
10 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

So given half the CL group winners were English and Roma were in their group, am I right in thinking Chelsea now have to play Besiktas, PSG or Barcelona?

Yep. Would be happy with either of the non-PSG options. Bored to tears of facing them in the knockout rounds.

Do we have any Fulham fans on here? Got a season ticket for the season as I can't get north often enough to see my beloved Donny and wanted my footy fix. I can imagine that being a Fulham fan is a bit like being an Arsenal fan about 10 years ago with really good passing across the park, great on the flanks... and zero end product. Where that Sheffield United result came from I will never know!

Just now, PunkStep said:

At least you have the Sessegnon brothers, must be really exciting watching them play at the moment.

I have an analogy for Ryan. Do you remember the great attacking midfielder in that fantastic Newcastle Squad of the mid-nineties, Phillipe Albert. Or at least, that's where he THOUGHT his position was. Ryan has some really bad defensive lapses but has the pace 9 times out of 10 to recover it. Against Bolton earlier this season though, it was almost painful to watch. We are probably a striker and maybe a holding midfielder short of being a real force in a really competitive division. Be interesting to see what happens in January.

• Paid Members

I'm hoping for Barca. I don't think we've had a titanic European tie since Munich, far too long. PSG are probably big enough to count now but I can't be fucked playing them for the fourth CL campaign running.

It'd be funny if we got Besiktas and three of the English group winners get Real, Bayern and Juve, though!

Archived