General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Absolute madness just now in Serie A* as Benevento, heading for their 15th straight defeat, pick up their first point in the 94th minute against Milan with a header from the goalie! Well deserved as well.

*all about the European football this season, forget the Premier League...

Quality header as well. 

I was on here harping on about the magic of the Fa Cup when we knocked out Colchester in round 1.

Round 2 showed exactly how euphoria can turn to heartbreak in minutes,  twice pegging back the joint league 2 leaders Notts County and playing some lovely football turning to absolute heartbreak when they score in the 5th of 4 added injury time minutes to absolutely break us.

Honestly don't think i've ever seen so many grown men cry, its weird how a game can make you feel all sorts of emotions, a lad travelling up with us Vlogged from the away section and the scenes when we scored are something i'll never forget (

1 hour ago, westlondonmist said:

Mark Clattenburg making out like he is some kind of criminal mastermind. No calming that ego.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42219327

He does come across like he wants to be the star of the show, when the referee is best when almost not noticed. 

That being said I think his words have been taken out of context a little, I think the point he is making is that he wanted the game to be played out without any controversy or excuses. Spurs did loses their heads though, that in itself was fairly obvious given the teams immaturity at the time. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

That being said I think his words have been taken out of context a little, I think the point he is making is that he wanted the game to be played out without any controversy or excuses. Spurs did loses their heads though, that in itself was fairly obvious given the teams immaturity at the time. 

Agree, his words have been taken out of context, but that's mainly because how he decided to word his response. Saying things like he 'allowed them to self destruct' and 'my gameplan was: let them lose the title' really hasn't helped him out here, but I understand what he's saying in that he tried to allow the game to continue by being lenient to Spurs' players. He could've killed the game off for Spurs by sending off 2 or 3 players and some fans would have used it as an excuse (albeit invalid, as Leicester just needed a win or maybe even a draw afterwards to seal it).

• Paid Members

That match didn't cost us the title anyway since its not like Leicester had recently gone on a bad run or anything. They had the title wrapped up unless they fell apart, which they didn't. 

Clattenberg is a fucking idiot regardless. 

• Paid Members

Didn't realise until today that if you have a 9-5 Monday to Friday job (plus allowing a couple of hours on top for commute), then you won't miss a single England game even if we get through to the final (lol)- irrespective of where we finish in our group. That makes a nice change.

Archived