General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

WORLD CUP DOUBLE POST EXTRAVAGANZA

Chuffed with our draw. Earlier today I told my mates that my ideal group for England would be Russia, Tunisia and Panama. I'll absolutely take the group we've been given, 2 out of 3 is excellent.

I don't know for certain but Spain must be the first team in World Cup Finals history to share a border with two nations in the same group.

Decent draw for England but we will probably draw the first game against Tunisia, scrape a 1-0 win against Panama and play for the draw against Belgium and end up getting knocked out by Colombia in the second round. 

15 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

I don't know for certain but Spain must be the first team in World Cup Finals history to share a border with two nations in the same group

Morocco isn't a land border so that can't count, can it?

4 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

I think the residents of Ceuta and Melilla will have issue with that statement.

Well they should have their own football team then.  (I actually didn't know about that, so that's my today I learned.  Thanks!)

35 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

I don't know for certain but Spain must be the first team in World Cup Finals history to share a border with two nations in the same group.

Decent draw for England but we will probably draw the first game against Tunisia, scrape a 1-0 win against Panama and play for the draw against Belgium and end up getting knocked out by Colombia in the second round. 

1978 2nd Round Group A: West Germany, Austria, Italy, Netherlands. both the GDR and Austria border 2 countries in the same group.

Probably happened a lot of other times too when the tournament was more Euro-centric.

I remember my mum saying "Oh bless him, stop blaming that poor boy it isn't his fault, he is just a child" to which 8 year old me said it probably was his fault. She then slapped the shit out of me and the irony was as present as Brazils back four that year.

Archived