General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not like Zidane who has won Champions League/La Liga/Club World Cup etc. who isn't as tactically adept and is a great motivator either. Guardiola is taking the league by storm as he's playing a way other teams never have in the Premier League. He's a world class coach, tactician and motivator.

Fucking hell.  It's like when a mate of mine still sees nothing wrong with a ten year old him blacking up as John Barnes. Not footie but did you see someone at the darts blacked up as Dianne Abbott holding a "190" sign and a bookies tweeted it thinking it was great.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Not footie but did you see someone at the darts blacked up as Dianne Abbott holding a "190" sign and a bookies tweeted it thinking it was great.

Yeah I saw that, sadly it doesn't surprise me with betting firm social media accounts, always trying to be hilarious.

Fucking hell Antoine.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Fucking hell.  It's like when a mate of mine still sees nothing wrong with a ten year old him blacking up as John Barnes. Not footie but did you see someone at the darts blacked up as Dianne Abbott holding a "190" sign and a bookies tweeted it thinking it was great.

This went further with former Times Chief Football Writer Patrick Barkley defending black face and admitting to having blacked up as Errol Brown a few New Years back in response to a Twitter random sending him a picture of themselves blacked up as Errol Brown. 

His reasoning is its OK because Lenny Henry has "sent up" loads of white people. 

1 hour ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

This went further with former Times Chief Football Writer Patrick Barkley defending black face and admitting to having blacked up as Errol Brown a few New Years back in response to a Twitter random sending him a picture of themselves blacked up as Errol Brown. 

His reasoning is its OK because Lenny Henry has "sent up" loads of white people. 

Yep, saw this and was really disappointed as I've always liked his writing, especially Football, Bloody Hell. Why do people not see a problem with 'blacking up'? "Actually they were mocking her ability as a minister" Lol, you pricks. 

@PunkStep happy to be wrong on this one mate, it's just every time I've seen him he's been poor that's all. (Could I have been thinking of Fernando? 😂) Fwiw this year every time I've seen him I've been amazed...

• Paid Members

You can only go by what you see SuperBacon but for me since he came to City Fernandinho has been in the top 3 if not number 1 consistent player for City. 

He ended up doing the work off 2 when paired with Yaya in some declining years. Played some off his best games on route to a Champions League semi final whilst be partnered with the awful Fernando. And now his got 2 number 10's (who are working very hard) joining him in midfield which means extra responsibility.

Just wish we got him younger.

• Paid Members

I remember an interview with John Stones after a match where he talked about how hard a taskmaster Guardiola can be. IF he is one for pushing teams hard and getting the best out of them maybe he would be able to do a job at a side like Wigan. 

How far do we reckon Allardyce can take Everton, especially once he gets a proper number 9 in during the Transfer window?

Also, how is Jonny Evans in demand all of a sudden? Surely if he could still cut it at the level of the clubs that are rumoured to be after him he wouldn't have been sold by United in the first place?

I think that with Evans the fact he is British adds on a good £10m onto his price value. 

I'm sure Fernandinho has recently been rated as one of the most undervalued players in the league, this was discussed on one of the sports radio stations last week.

I think a good season for Everton now would be re-building the squad with an eye on next season, there is no reason why they cannot finish 7th though, Europa qualification and maybe a run at that competition next season. 

• Paid Members

I tell you Stavo, I'm fully on board with Big Sam now.
I suspected and made my opinion known from the very start that Koeman was a self righteous mercenary who was only using the club as a stepping stone to Barca or a team akin to that and I really don't like that sort, but Sam has that bit of bollocks about him and has seemed to immerse himself in the clubs culture and is saying all the right things. I know it's Big Sam and he's a chancer and he knows what to say and when to say it, but he's a loveable chancer really and I'm really enjoying his press conferences and his being the manager.

The big telling point is - as you said - the dramatic turnaround since he took over. The players seems to enjoy playing for him and he seems to enjoy being the manager of Everton, and that's all I can ask for as a fan, but in saying all that we've had a run against teams of a similar caliber - bar Liverpool who were pilfered, to be fair - to ourselves the last while

I would still prefer Sean Dyche though. He's the man for the future for me and I'd say he'd be the type to be only delighted with Soap on a Rope and a few chops in his Christmas stocking.

It's your mob on Saturday. We'll be found out then and be torn asunder, but I'd gladly take 0-0 Sam style all day...

Archived