General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Mourinho saying Bristol City were lucky two/three weeks after United somehow beat Arsenal speaks volumes about his current state of mind. 

Name them.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Name them.

He knows he will never eclipse Man City whilst Pep is there, United are a million miles away from Man City on the football pitch at the moment and we all know Mourinho is a short term manager.

Making excuses, blaming everyone. Sitting on the bench sulking. Little digs at opposition before and after games. 

We've seen this all before, he is already making excuses so that its not his fault when he leaves. He is just a hypocrite. This is the same Mourinho who said back in 2011 he would never be a manager at a club where a former team he has managed was a rival and a few years later he is up for doing that very same thing and now is at Manchester United. 

• Paid Members

Did you only start watching football in the last year?

All of the stuff you are attributing to Mourinho is what he's always been like. He's always been sullen, he's always had digs at the opposition, he's always made excuses and blamed everyone else. This behaviour is not new, whether you like it or not. Personally I've always liked it being a miserable bleeder myself.

As for being a hypocrite, so what. The ability to reform your opinion is a wonderful thing. He's always wanted to manage United ever since he knocked us out of the Champions League with Porto. People are allowed to change their mind.

• Paid Members

That Liverpool Vs Arsenal match last night was an interesting one. Both sides managed to show some tremendous quality, but made some absolutely hideous errors as well. It was like "Here's why these sides can be viable title contenders....And here's why they can't." all in one night. I daresay PunkStep may not agree with me given the result, but that turnaround from Arsenal was quite impressive.

• Paid Members

Split loyalties today, with Chelsea facing off against our Lord and Saviour Sam Allardyce in the early game. 

This has got shithouse 0-0 written all over it. Hazard to get repeatedly murdered by hatchet-job midfielders and fuck-all of note to happen. Rooney's hair might fall off, thus instigating Everton's 90000th penalty of the season. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I daresay PunkStep may not agree with me given the result, but that turnaround from Arsenal was quite impressive.

No I agree with you, at 2-0 I thought we'd end up seeing a massive drubbing (I always thought we'd score at least one) and started banging on about how we had to sell everyone in the summer. I wasn't expecting that kind of turnaround at all.

I was happy with a draw in the end, despite leading, as we should've been dead and buried before then. Liverpool capitulated but we were god awful before then.

Taking into account Ozil and Sanchez departing the club, as it stands the gulf in quality between our first XI and that of City, United, Chelsea and Spurs is ridiculous. I can't pick a single player of ours that would force their way into their starting XI's. Liverpool similar to us, except they have 4 incredible attacking players at one end of the pitch. The rest of their team- mediocre. Both Arsenal and Liverpool are going to need to invest heavily next summer, and I mean REALLY heavy.

• Paid Members

When you think you have seen everything in football then BOOM a new surprise. 

Yesterday the game at Hillsborough finished Wednesday 1 Middlesborough 2. By 10pm last night Monk was sacked as 'Boro manager, AFTER A WIN which is bizarre enough, and then by 10am this morning Wednesday had sacked their manager. 

I don't remember a game where both managers got sacked before a day had passed. 

Speaking of sackings. The Sevilla manager also got sacked a few days ago. I wanted to know what people think about this? On one hand you don't want to go down the 'He had Cancer' he should be invincible from sacking route, but at the same time they started the season well, he missed some games and has been booted. Others say the big pay off actually does him a favour.

As for Monk - There must be something more to it? Boro usually give managers more of a chance, but Monk didn't last long at Leeds (I know it was him who walked) and same with Boro. Very bizarre. 

Archived