General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

It's been confirmed today that Barnsley have been taken over(well, the vast majority of the shares anyway) by a consortium of billionaires and Billy Beane(of Moneyball fame).

Not sure how to react as a life long supporter at the minute. On one hand it would be a massive culture shock to be able to afford some decent players for once, but I just can't get the idea that they may be an Oyston MkII and take us into oblivion...

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Lee was looking to buy Boro and then Brentford before you. The Boro interest should show signs of his actual intent.

The same group haven't quite got it right at Nice yet, but have shown flashes of intent for success.

This is exactly what I was talking about with regards the Newcastle sale. Why pay all that cash when you could pay a hell of a lot less and have more to spend on players!?

Really hope they work out for you.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Lee was looking to buy Boro and then Brentford before you. The Boro interest should show signs of his actual intent.

The same group haven't quite got it right at Nice yet, but have shown flashes of intent for success.

This is exactly what I was talking about with regards the Newcastle sale. Why pay all that cash when you could pay a hell of a lot less and have more to spend on players!?

Really hope they work out for you.

Cheers Teedy. It's the Nice link that has kept me optimistic. That training ground they have built for them is immense. 

It's been suggested that they will use us like the Watford owners have with them. By sending a load of their most promising players to the club to progress and take the club to a higher standard at the same time. I think I'd be happy with that...

• Paid Members

Re: Nayim

Didn't mean to bring back any bad memories to anyone. Never saw "that goal" live, just on highlight packages over the years. 

A mate of mine sends me picture puzzles, various pics put together than when read out form another person or band. That was the only clue I didn't get. 

I've told him I got help on the last one though, it's not cheating, it's using your initiative! 

Archived