General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

You have to ask "what is a bargain" these days. Eric Bailly was £30 million, and he's such a fantastic prospect. Powerful, fast, the lot. But is £30 million a bargain in any language? We're in an era where eventually we're going to see a stunningly embarrassing transfer. In the next few years we're going to see someone as shit as Dong Fangzhuo going for about £80 million based on a bit of hype from an agent on the windup.

I think its a good deal if the defender (or any player for that matter) has age on his side (e.g. 7-10 years) as at least your paying for a player who will give you a number of seasons, a long term investment if you like.

Have Liverpool got this much money to burn or are they being clever and signing players knowing that Coutinho will probably leave for £100m + next summer?

• Paid Members

The defeat to City looks like it has totally knocked the stuffing out of United. Today felt like I was transported back to the LVG era, which is pretty much the most damning criticism the team can get.

• Paid Members

Well no, the Moyes era was worse. Point taken though, it was absolutely crap today.

Mkhi has guaranteed himself a boot out the door at the earliest opportunity with that performance today. Seeing his name in the starting line up was a surprise, it felt like he was being given a chance to prove that he deserves to be here, but he doesn't look the part at all. Given today's mental transfer market, he'll be an absolute bargain signing for somebody though. He's probably available for about twenty million.

Really? Ancelotti would make a better fist of it now. Mourinho has his card marked. Mourinho isn't known for slowly building successful teams. If he hasn't won the league in his first two seasons then the players will have downed tools by the third.

The players need someone to play for now. They never played for Moyes or LVG and eventually they'll stop playing for Mourinho. 

• Paid Members

I'd be worried about Mourinho. He looks like he did at Chelsea the season after the title win. When he turned up at United, he looked ready for it but he looks weary now. He's always used deflecting tactics to take the heat off poor performances but they're ringing very hollow at the moment.

That said, I can't argue with either post above. Being 2nd/3rd behind Man City and in the CL isn't the end of the world so I wouldn't over-react. However, if he did go with Ancelotti out there I wouldn't be worried either. Until Ancelotti goes to Paris anyway.

To me United look like a team without an identity on the pitch. No real style of football/way of playing. You look at the other top six teams and they all have a way of playing. 

United look like a bunch of Superstars thrown in together, but not in a way that fits the team philosophy (not even sure what its meant to be?).  Whether there is that expectation for them to play the United way from the Fergie years or Mourinho's style of football not quite fitting the profile of the team I'm not sure.

It's difficult to explain but when you look at Chelsea its strong and powerful, Liverpool is fast attacking, what is United exactly? 

Archived