General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

There is no one who I would more like to see banished to barren wasteland of shite lower league clubs than King Pardew. Bloke is a totalĀ and utter helmet. I'm delighted he's doing terribly with West Brom (sorry Ralphy).Ā 

• Paid Members

Wolves have beaten Real Madrid Ā to theĀ signing of Rafa Mir from Valencia for the FFP shattering price of Ā£1.5 million.

Madrid have been after him for quite some time, ans apparently had sorted a deal for 500k, but were looking to put him in the 'B' team for a season or two.

His agent is best buddies with Mendes! And Nuno gave him his debut.

Most of the managers have moaned about the Xmas fixture lists so its not just Pardew. I think the point all of them are trying to make is that its not so much the amount of games played, its some teams having more days rest than others. I don't think thats an unreasonable thing to say. The game these days can be decided by the smallest of margins so teams with 5 days rest playing a team with 2 days rest will clearly have an advantage of sorts.

• Paid Members

Given the fact the other leagues start at the same time as us (Spain start even later I believe), what are the alternatives to give the league a winter break or more relaxed fixture run at that time of the year?

Would more mid-week games be the answer? Is that how they manage it in the other big leagues? Excluding Germany of course, who play fewer games as their league is smaller. Not sure that would resolve it anyway, you're surely just moving fixtures within the same season timeframe. Might ease up the sheer amount of games over a short period over Christmas though.

Doing away with the League Cup? It's pretty redundant anyway. However, most big name players won't play in it anyway.

Fucking off international football would be a start.

With the size of the squads and rotation system many teams use i dont think itā€™s unreasonable for them to have have to play the fixtures they do over christmas. If teams are that concerned about playing extra games they shouldnt piss off to Asai and America pre season and play in these pointless little cup tournaments over there. But the fact is they are money grabbing cunts and if they were given a 3 week break over christmas and the season extended, it wouldnt be long before theyā€™re back over during the break.

if you look at tennis players for example, they can play a 3 hour match then two days later do it again.Ā 

Managers are just whinging cunts looking for excuses when they lose.Ā 

Shane Long ended a run of 35 games without scoring tonight but Southampton still lost.

Much has been made of that but Manolo Gabbiadini has only scored one more goal from open play during that time and has clocked as many minutes.

Which means they're fucked without Charlie Austin basically.

I reckon Carlos Carvalhal will keep Swansea up so Saints and West Brom could be in serious trouble.

• Awards Moderator

Jake Livermore was involved in an altercation with some West Ham fan during their game. Hasnā€™t been confirmed but plenty of witnesses claimingĀ itā€™s because the fan said he was glad Livermoreā€™s baby died. Christ.

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Given the fact the other leagues start at the same time as us (Spain start even later I believe), what are the alternatives to give the league a winter break or more relaxed fixture run at that time of the year?

Would more mid-week games be the answer? Is that how they manage it in the other big leagues? Excluding Germany of course, who play fewer games as their league is smaller. Not sure that would resolve it anyway, you're surely just moving fixtures within the same season timeframe. Might ease up the sheer amount of games over a short period over Christmas though.

Doing away with the League Cup? It's pretty redundant anyway. However, most big name players won't play in it anyway.

Fucking off international football would be a start.

You'd need to either leave FIFA or get their permission for that last suggestion, sadly.

Logistically it seems it's the cup competitions that make the difference. In the French League Cup, teams in Europe don't enter until the last 16, whilst Italy and Spain don't bother with a secondary knockout tournament for teams in the top 2 divisions at all. Of course in all 3 countries their main cup doesn't have any replays either.Ā 

It's worth noting that neither Italy nor Spain seemĀ to haveĀ bothered with a proper winter break this season, but they haven't made their clubs play 5 times in 15 days either.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Jake Livermore was involved in an altercation with some West Ham fan during their game. Hasnā€™t been confirmed but plenty of witnesses claimingĀ itā€™s because the fan said he was glad Livermoreā€™s baby died. Christ.

The Sheils lad who has a false eye had fake eyes thrown at him at Falkirk too. What the fuck is wrong with people?

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Wolves have beaten Real Madrid Ā to theĀ signing of Rafa Mir from Valencia for the FFP shattering price of Ā£1.5 million.

Madrid have been after him for quite some time, ans apparently had sorted a deal for 500k, but were looking to put him in the 'B' team for a season or two.

His agent is best buddies with Mendes! And Nuno gave him his debut.

https://www.unibet.co.uk/blog/football/premier-league/the-real-story-of-how-championship-side-wolves-beat-the-mighty-r-madrid-to-the-signing-of-rafa-mir-1.982879

Archived