General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

As an Irishman, I'd love to see it happen but it's what, five years since he's played in England?

His performances for Ireland have been underwhelming since after Euro 2012.

Maybe if it was three years ago I could see this being a runner, but I'd chalk this down to tabloid rumours.

Wolves are already practically promoted anyway.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kinda of twit thinks a player would choose Wolves over Real Madrid. Come on man, have a day off.

Wolves are doing alright this season but reckon they will go up and get battered in the Prem league...it's the best league in the world for a reason.

Still think Coutinho is taking a backwards step leaving Liverpool. Not leaving the club cos lets be fair Liverpool are shite compared to Barca and as much as Liverpool fans go on about "5 times LA" Barca are by far the bigger club, it's just more La Liga is dropping off and the Prem is coming back to the top of world football. I feel another all English final not long away.

Robbie Keane...what a chump...went to Liverpool and bottled it. Funny that he went to Liverpool the same time Berba went to utd. Berba smashed it...Robbie fucked up.

Anyway that Arsenal v Chelsea game was tops....good to see Wiltshire back to his best...if he can stay fit for the world cup I reckon he could be the best center mid in the world.

With him fit I think we could go a long way in Russia.

Fantastic game last night, maybe not quite up there with Liverpool v Arsenal but close! I wasn't even mad at the last minute equaliser, it felt right and a fair reflection on the game.

The last ten minutes were pure playground football, and if it was in the playgrounds I played in as I kid, Alvaro Morato would have been declared a bucklefoot and given a damn good posting. His abject display was only matched by Arsenal's back three. 

Very impressed with Maitland-Niles (?) and from an English perspective it's great to see Wilshere back to something like his best. Great game - same again next week please.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

The last ten minutes were pure playground football, and if it was in the playgrounds I played in as I kid, Alvaro Morato would have been declared a bucklefoot and given a damn good posting. His abject display was only matched by Arsenal's back three. 

And on the very same evening, Diego Costa scored within 5 mins of his return to Atletico. That decision to get rid of him still baffles me.

I think the thing Wilshere has working in his favour is that CM is the area where England are lacking most in terms of quality at the moment. If he keeps up this form and remains injury free, I've no doubt he'll be at Russia. Not forgetting that he put in a string of excellent performances (4 successive MOTM performances or something?) for England in a deeper role before his long injury lay-off.

• Paid Members
On 1/2/2018 at 8:53 PM, PunkStep said:

Fucking off international football would be a start.

I have no idea why people have this mindset. I must admit that I usually see it as an England thing. Is that fair?

Even when Wales were at their shittest (95% of my life), internationals have always been something to look foward to. Maybe its something with being from a small country which doesn't have its own political system or other ways of expressing itself, who knows?

I go to at least half the away qualifiers and never miss a competitive international in Cardiff despite it being an 8 hour round trip.

But out of curiosity, why the hatred towards international football? I bet you'll be watching the World Cup, but how do you expect that to happen without qualifiers?

• Paid Members

I can understand you being supportive of international football, but what I don't understand is how you could have missed all the arguments, on here and in plenty of other places, against international football.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I can understand you being supportive of international football, but what I don't understand is how you could have missed all the arguments, on here and in plenty of other places, against international football.

What are these arguments? Surely you can't have World Cups and European Championships without having qualifiers in the first place? 

Archived