General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Why on earth would anyone think that beating Real Madrid to a third tier £1.5 million striker would be a coup anyway? He was clearly only being lined up for Castilla, it's not like he would be challenging Benzema.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It can only be looked on as a coup as his Madrid move was apparently a done deal in mid to late January and he's turned his back on them.

He was destined for Spanish Boat B to hone his skills in the same way Odegaard (remember him!?) was. But by all accounts one of the reasons Madrid were happy to let Morata go was because they were lining up Mir.

He's no doubt seen how well players like Jota, Neves and Cavaleiro have done, playing first team football and thought 'I'll have a bit of that too'. A wise move for a young player really. Some of our English youngsters would do well following a similar suit.

I just love it because of the headline it created. And if he has nothing more than a Michu season I'll be happy.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Teedy Kay said:

It can only be looked on as a coup as his Madrid move was apparently a done deal in mid to late January and he's turned his back on them.

But by all accounts one of the reasons Madrid were happy to let Morata go was because they were lining up Mir.

He's turned his back on a third tier team for a second tier one.

Do you have a source for this Morata / Mir claim?

Just finished Michael Cox's The Mixer: The Story of Premier League Tactics, from Route One to False Nines. 

I really enjoyed it. Some interesting analysis on significant events in Premier League history. It was a breeze to read through as it flows very well. I thoroughly recommend it.

Also, that Morata claim seems pretty ludicrous.

• Paid Members

I'm not saying he's anything like Morata in quality, let that be known, and it's most certainly individuals bigging up the deal and especially the 'Wolves beat Real to striker signing!!!1!1!' hype.

I think the more common sense way of saying it would have been Real were looking for a striker in a similar mould to Morata that could be developed at the club, and Mir at practically nothing was a good punt to take.

Archived