General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

Jose is turning into a bit of a comedy manager the way he is going. Broken record. Jose hand picked Four players he needed when he he got the job and none have performed to the level which isĀ needed. The difference between him and Pep is frightening. Jose is like Mcmahon in 95, just out of touch and stuck in his boring ways. Glad he is still in a top job though as i love to see him whining every morning on SS News. Managers like Klopp, Conte and Pep must make it really boring to be a Utd fan.

Moyes, LVG and Jose, who can possibly top that bunch of miserable cunts next..... Ā 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Mourinho said this after the match today, when Scholes criticised Pogba's role in the United side. "It's not Paul's [Pogba] fault that he made much more money than Paul Scholes. It's just the way football is."

Scholes is hardly fucking selling jumpers in the BBC car park like Bobby Moore is he? And he wasn't a signing on fee chaser. What a bullshit comment.

• Paid Members

He's used that line a couple of times. It was hilarious because he actually spent the time praising Scholes as a player, but it's Jose and he can't help himself, so decided to come out with that misfire of a dig.

Anyway, United looked good yesterday, after half time. Jose's done a good job helping Lingard find something resembling consistency.

• Paid Members

Seeing Lingard actually look like a really good footballer is a true Christmas miracle. What's happened there? It can't be as simple as sticking him central, there must be more. Either way, his form's a huge bonus since Mkhitaryan's dropped off a cliff. Another central midfielder playmaker at United fails to deliver, what a list of players that is.

Mkhitaryan is a funny one. He has looked such a good playerĀ in the last few years. I'm not sure if its the style of football that doesn't fit in with United, the manager not liking him or things just not working out.Ā 

I could see him flourishing in a side like Arsenal though.Ā 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

He's used that line a couple of times. It was hilarious because he actually spent the time praising Scholes as a player, but it's Jose and he can't help himself, so decided to come out with that misfire of a dig.

Yeah that's typical of him- it's his 'shit sandwich' approach to criticising that he loves using these days. Add some fluffy compliments to surround a scathing attack, such as calling a referee one of the best in Europe before talking about the mistakes he made. He knows what he's doing.Ā 

38 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

I could see him flourishing in a side like Arsenal though.Ā 

Based on what?

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Based on what?

His style of football would fit in well with Arsenal's quick attacking football where he isn't expected to defend either. Mourinho love him or hate him wants his players to defend or do extra duties for certain games, he would get away with it at Arsenal but would flourish going forward being allowed to play his game. That's not a dig at either the club or player, just think he would fit in well. Mkhitaryan under a supporting/trusting coach like Wenger would probably do really well.Ā 

He could well go missing in the bigger games but then that has been theĀ argumentĀ for many Arsenal players down the years.

Ā 

• Paid Members

But attacking players that forget their defensive duties are a massive problem at the club as it is, so I can't see how he would flourish at all. It'd be no different to how it is now, and I think it's fair to say that by our standards we're in a right shit state. Ozil is lambasted for not mucking in enough (even in instances where that isn't true), Sanchez - for all his qualities - gives the ball away more often than any player I've ever seen and we've had so many attacking players over the years that leave our full-backs exposed (Walcott, Ox, Arshavin).

If we have a problem with players going missing in big games, the solution is not to find players that are likely to do the same!

2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Mkhitaryan would be shocking at Arsenal. It'd be the same problem he has at United. He's a coward in games you want to win. He'll happily disappear. Which isnt uncommon, but when you're supposedly the fucking playmaker?

Whilst he's hiding at Arsenal maybe he can find Ozil for them.

Archived