General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Sorry for the second DP of the day bu Sky in Italy saying Emre Can has signed a pre contract with Juve. I've never quite got why he wants to leave Liverpool. For them, I think it's a fairly big loss but he's replaceable. Although the way some scousers talk, you'd think he was as poor as Jordan Henderson.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

@garynysmon My suggestion at doing away with international football was half-meant in jest. Of course I know you need to have qualifiers, and I honestly can't think of a better idea of when to have them (the suggestion of having them across 3 weeks at the end of the season is an interesting one, however), I'm mostly being facetious.

However, I still hate international breaks with a passion and always will. The matches are generally shit (and in England's case, REALLY boring), there is rarely any fluidity within the teams and Arsenal players always get fucking injured during them. I know RVP, Walcott, Wilshere and Diaby have always been made of glass, but I wonder if their Arsenal careers would have been different had they not injured themselves on international duty as often as they did.

I'm also a hypocrite, because I fucking love the World Cup and to a lesser extent the Euros. To have these tournaments in the same format, which I like, means having qualifying matches throughout the season and I accept that. Doesn't mean I like them though!

I am very intrigued by this UEFA Nations League thing though. I'm not sold on why they're doing it and wondering whether the winners will be akin to holding the old big gold World Heavyweight Championship, with the Euro winners being the WWE Champ, or vice versa. Winning the thing could be seen as a bit empty if the Euros is still the 'big one' for UEFA. That said, I still think it is an interesting (if complicated) concept and will be following it with a keen eye. I'll probably end up hating it though.

@tiger_rick Interesting seeing the list of Juve pre-contract signings. I am going to try and find a Bayern one as well, because I bet that list is just as impressive. By the sounds of things they're about to agree a deal to sign Leon Goretzka on a free in the summer, which could be a fantastic move. He's one to watch in Russia this summer, if given the chance.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Sorry for the second DP of the day bu Sky in Italy saying Emre Can has signed a pre contract with Juve. I've never quite got why he wants to leave Liverpool. For them, I think it's a fairly big loss but he's replaceable. Although the way some scousers talk, you'd think he was as poor as Jordan Henderson.

Emre Can is an odd one and really divides the fan base. When it comes down to it he's just ridiculously inconsistent. One week he can be incredible and the next be extremely lazy. 

A lot is made from Liverpool's back 4, but I've lost count this season (and last) just how many times it's a simple case of the likes of Can or Henderson just not tracking a runner or just switching off. 

Personally I would like to see him stay as he's still young, but he probably feels his opportunities will be limited with the arrival of Keita next year.

• Paid Members

Never really got the hype around Barkley, but at the same time know it's a harsh judgement based on seeing him a handful of times a season, usually against much better teams. We desperately need another midfielder that can play ahead of Kante and create, let's see what he can do. £15m's absolutely nothing, even if he flops disastrously we'll likely get double that back. Easily worth the risk.

• Paid Members

Fantastic meltdown from that Mayor. He is forgetting one important fact there isn't he, that Ross Barkley was already injured and ruled out until around Christmas time. You'd be an idiot to pay £35m for a player that will cost £20m less when he's actually fit to play. Berk.

I could be wrong but I got the impression that Barkley himself initially wanted to go Spurs and it was Chelsea who put in a last minute bid and he wasn't too sure about it so it was the player who pulled out? 

One thing is for certain...Barkley was always leaving. That's why Everton bought a ton of midfielders in over the Summer. 

• Paid Members

15m for David Bentley 2.0 when he's out of contract in the summer in mad to me. 

According to the rumour mill, Poch went off the idea of signing Barkley. Not sure on the accuracy of that, but it is a bit strange how quickly the move to Chelsea happened given it seemed nailed on that he'd be coming to us after the summer. 

• Paid Members

£15 million is nowt to Chelsea though. Might as well pay that before someone gets him on a free, on the off chance you might be able to effect a Jesse Lingard esque miracle with him.

I thought Mourinho’s shit talking peaked with his utter torching of Ol’ Ginger Balls, but he hasn’t half topped it by going after Conte tonight.

Considering he’s technically wrong, Conte was never actually suspended for match fixing, do we think this might actually catch up with him?

Still, I like that he’s finally completely committed to his role of trash talker extraordinaire. 

Archived