NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

I don't understand why it was a loaded question? She wanted to ask if AEW had any plans for an all-womens show. Instead he decided to make it all about how great he was for paying people. He was a dick for interrupting her, not letting her finish the question AND for trying to be billy big balls by making himself look good for paying the women.

Because any variation of "no" will get negative headlines and people popping off online. Unless he has a huge surprise he's kept that none of the usual suspects have leaked, everyone including the person asking the question likely knew the answer would be no. There would be little point asking it other than if there was rumours already (there's not) or you wanted to get a big negative scoop on AEW. 
Ironically, in avoiding the question he got way more negative press than he would have if he had said no. 

Kind of a random one. Looks like Nick Aldis has dipped into his old contacts and got in touch with Doug Williams. Just announced he will be facing Colby Corino at the next PPV. There's another couple of days worth of TV tapings he'll likely be on as well.

____

Hard Times 2

04/12/2021

1. World Title: Trevor Murdoch (c) v. Mike Knox
  2. Women's Title: Kamille (c) v. Melina
  3. National Title: Chris Adonis (c) v. Judais
  4. TV Title: Tyrus (c) v. Cyon
  5. Tag Titles: La Rebelion (c) v. The End
  6. Women's Tag Titles: The Hex (c) v. Lady Frost & Natalia Markova v. Kylie Rae & Tootie Lynn
  7. ROH Tag Titles; The OGK (c) v. Stevens & Kratos
  8. Junior Hvt Qualifying: Austin Aries v. Rhett Titus
  9. Nick Aldis v. Thom Latimer
  10. Colby Corino v. Doug Williams
  11. Buy-In: 12 man Gauntlet for Junior Hvt final spot: Homicide, CW Anderson, PJ Hawx, Luke Hawx, Kerry Morton, Jamie Stanley, Alex Taylor, Sal Rinauro, Ariya Daivari, Darius Lockhart, Victor Benjamin, Jeremiah Plunkett

Mickie James in action, appearances by Mick Foley & Jazz.

So many randoms on this. People talk about the WWE and AEW having too many titles :)

Edited by Infinity Land

• Paid Members

They produce an hour of television a week, batch tape and then have big events. I'm not overly fussed about their being 4 men's singles titles, a tag title and then the two women's because everything in NWA does feel like a division and tends to stay in its lane. 

They can easily flesh out a feud for each title, one or two outside those titles with promos, the shorter matches they seem to have on Power and then run that on the big card or the show before/after. They've done well building Knox and Murdoch through an angle at a signing leading to the match too.

The card looks great, as long as Aries isn't a permanent addition I'd say it's worth a checking out.

Maybe he just got got fucked off with the business or people on indies are scared to hire him after that Tough Enough stuff. He was always a solid worker with a good look and no rep for messing up/passing out etc all drugged up.

Tyrus should not be on any televised card in the 2020s.  As much affection as I have for NWA.. no thanks.  Even Austin Idol can't make me like him.

Austin Aries... boy.  So much talent, and he's had top line runs in two large companies, and is reduced to a "oh, that guy" spot on this card.  He really is in the same box as Loki/Senshi where he's such a dick nobody wants to bother.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Fucking hell fire, that card man. Its post-pandemic, just before Christmas, money isnt something you give away lightly, so if more that 4 people end up buying this, I'll wank into a sock and eat it on Christmas day.

Add to that it’s £21.99. More expensive then AEW with less people you want to see.

• 3 weeks later...