NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• 1 month later...

The NWA revival has easily been one of the great disappointments. They just had their NWA74 weekender and there's some good in there.

Best photo of the new US Tag Titles (which was decided in a battle royale as you do). Stuck in the spoilers since it has the new champions but also because they are...🤢

Spoiler

They'd look ten times better (not good, but ten times better) if that gap at the top was filled with a logo, instead of left blank. Make the outline look like it was designed to accommodate its contents, not just plucked from a catalogue as it likely was.

Still held up before COVID hit as far as i'm concerned. Lumbering lumps from the past like Tyrus & Mike Knox hadn't appeared. The mid-card was decent with Eli Drake & James Storm becoming a tag, Aron Stevens & Question Mark's comedy, Ricky Starks & Zicky Dice were feuding over the new TV title. Trevor Murdoch & CW Anderson were having a weird renaissance, if it can count as one since they were never that over as singles before.

Women's division was largely Thunder Rosa, Melina, Marti Belle & Allysin Kay. Kamille still in Chyna as a bodyguard mode with an unknown potential.

17 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I'm in the minority in liking Nick Aldis, but otherwise there's not a single wrestler there which I'd want to see on a weekly basis. This company really went to shit after Cornette's sacking didn't it?

I don't mind Aldis, he's fine but the main event scene seems to entirely revolve around him, so when he pulled out of the main event you had murdoch vs Tyrus. Which, like you say no wrestler worth caring about on a weekly basis. I don't remember Tyrus doing anything good in Impact or WWE, guy is shit but he's a main eventer. 

On 8/29/2022 at 4:21 PM, garynysmon said:

I'm in the minority in liking Nick Aldis, but otherwise there's not a single wrestler there which I'd want to see on a weekly basis. This company really went to shit after Cornette's sacking didn't it?

I dunno Gaz, the second season was good too of Power. But pre pandemic they were making us care about CW Anderson getting a contract, Ricky Starks looking ace, Zicky Dice being fun, the frankly amazing James Storm and Eli Drake team which was brilliantly on the mic, the chance of Tim Storm coming back to have a go at Aldis’ stable, Ricky Morton having a pop at Aldis. Trevor Murdoch slowly but surely getting more over and over. (I remember on here years ago a few of us said Murdoch should have been the star and not Cade)

There was a lot going on with talent, new and old. Now, other than Doug Williams and Trevor Murdoch there’s nothing I want to see. Hopefully Tim Storm becomes new NXT champion. Or AEW champion. Or Impact Champion. As he’s champion of my heart.

Edited by Butch2000