NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

Details will matter. The network doesn't have any money so there's not much to that. They only do a 2hr primetime slot each day of the week. If they get a slot in there for Power it will raise their profile. If its outside that block they're just another WOW. They get carried by The CW affiliates but all over the shop depending what region you are in.

• Paid Members

Brad Schwartz, a higher up at CW, was with Pop TV when TNA was on there and Corgan was still involved.

As others have said, if its a prime time deal then its good for NWA on a decent channel, but if its a WOW type arrangement then its not worth much. MLS's TV deal turned out to be a total damp squib.

Unless NWA are planning a major investment into their production and talent I can't see it doing much for them. You can lead a horse to water etc. You could stick it on prime time NBC and no fucker would be watching that rotten product.

I've never seen anything to suggest that Impact are desperate to move channels. AXS isn't great for them in terms of visibility, but it does offer stability and they're not going to get booted off and kick up a similar drama to TNA's channel hopping to ever diminishing returns post-2014.

Edited by garynysmon

I skimmed the latest episode on youtube. Back in a studio like the glory days of 2019 Powerrr (the same studio I believe Impact used during the pandemic). It's just a little off for me. Like Dark Side of the Ring recreations with the lights turned on.

Some of those 2019 production choices I prefer to what they did on this show. The hard cam is on an entrance during most of the matches. Not that you get proper entrances. They're like video game cut scenes dubbed over with horribly generic music and straight to them in the ring.

2019 they knew they didn't have decent entrances and didn't attempt it. Even on the live PPVs they did before lockdown they changed it up by having wrestlers come down through the crowd. Which was better than a crap looking arch that smokes for a while as a lingering bad smell.

They showed the crowd back in 2019, tiered stand made it look it reasonable even if there were just 200 max there and wrestlers engaged with them. Power in 2023 runs from the lack of crowd. All the empty arena tricks used to make sure you never see any member of the crowd. Of course they don't mind then showing the random members of the production sat around in different areas of the studio.

The production graphics and sound effects used for pre-tapes and transitions between segments are cheap generic tat.

• Paid Members

I remember when the CW was home to Smackdown. Now it sits in between TBS and TNT in the ratings. Which could be interesting, but the chances of them getting a decent time slot with their production is minimal.

I have no dog in the fight, only seen small bits of NWA since its Powerrr days, but if it brings more eyes on the product, good for them. 

I popped it on to see how it’s going and I’ve been put off right away.

EC3 and his shite dark gimmick really stops me from having much interest. I tried OVW after watching The Wrestlers too and he’s just so f’n dull that his ridiculously long winded promos leave you thinking a full show was crap.

As someone who actually likes the NWA Power show.. I've gotta question a couple of Corgan's latest moves. (if what I'm reading online is true which.. you know may not be). 

Firstly he announces the TV deal but in the statement refers to YouTube as a terrible buisness partner.. Even if they are. What benefit does publicly trashing the platform that got eyes on the show originally achieve. 

Next I'm reading he's openly invited Punk to the NWA and in the statement admits he can't pay him what he's worth. 

Again I question making that public. I think he likes being kinda open and honest with the fan base.. But also I think oversharing could prove to be a mistake.  

• 2 weeks later...