NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

I say fair play to him. He likes wrestling and wants to do something with it but doesn't wanted to be treated how he was in TNA. If it fucks up it fucks up but it can't do any damage to the NWA, if anything it may actually have a well known wrestler hold the title for the first time since TNA dropped the NWA title. 

Well, he was a couple of months out but he did say in one of his immediate post-lawsuit interviews that by the first quarter of 2017, we'd know what he had planned in wrestling.

If the purchase is successful (and perhaps this news item should have saved, if possible, until it was totally complete) it would, at the very least, put eyes on the NWA for the first time in a while.

As for what could happen after is anyone's guess but I imagine clues would lay in any interviews he gave before and after the lawsuit as to what he would have done with TNA (most specifically the media aspect). If memory serves me, didn't he say he had media outlets/platforms at the ready to partner with him had he successfully bought TNA? Outlets that otherwise wouldn't have touched them with a bargepole.

I have a small feeling he wouldn't enter this kind of deal if:

1) he didn't have a group in mind to be the cetralised, main NWA TV promotion or plans to form one and

2) there wasn't a TV deal/show in the offing, either in principle verbally or a on the table subject to 'superstar' musician (to what degree these days is subjective) being in control.

Otherwise, the above is totally wrong and he'll show his hand as and when, surprising or/and causing us to put our faces in our hands.

• Paid Members

It's cuz they let a white Jew break up the crew. 

Seriously, what does he actually get for his money here? What use are the trademarks and stuff in 2017? And don't WWE own everything that's worth owning from the NWA anyway (ie: the footage), or have I missed something? 

If it's mainly for the belt like Statto says, then fuck. If he wants a belt that badly can't he just go to that leatherbydan.com or something. 

Edited by wandshogun09

Some wrestling fans (especially promotion die-hards) never cease to amaze. 

In seeing the various ways the story has been covered (some sites with a definitive tone and some adopting a 'let's see if it comes off' approach) and fan responses, one thing that struck me is that many of the Impact Wrestling loyalists are saying that the company should try to get in on any deal that may be finalised.

Said in a way that in getting in on this, Impact can be the ones primarily to benefit by cherry picking more rated NWA talent and Anthem can acquire more content for the Fight Network.

This being the same Impact fansites that laughed and mocked Corgan when the lawsuit didn't go his way and he was bought out, signaling his exit. The numerous injections of cash, more or less saving the company, completely forgotten about. Granted, the period he drove creative was weaker than the Jan-Bound For Glory period that preceded it. 

I'm not saying that getting into bed with Anthem/Impact is a good or bad idea (as nothing is signed and no-one knows what any initial steps would be) but it's just interesting that some of those fans who couldn't wait to push him out of the door at the end of 2016 with glee are, without irony, seeing how their beloved can make from this.

Of course, there are people who scoff now and say it will all end in tears. It may do. This is Billy Corgan's third go around when it comes to investment and trying to control a wrestling company (and the first time he could fully control one). 

And, to a lesser degree, those who question the point of all this if there is no TV (or online platform, similar to Amazon, Netflix or Hulu). 

As I said, I just found the reaction of the Impact fan base interesting and rather funny. What would be even more funny is if this all ends up on a higher profile, more prominent station than POP TV in America. 

Edited by uklaw