NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

"The bad press this gets is good press, actually" Smashing Pumpkins guy, probably.

Almost 50 year old who never drew a dime and was accused of sexual harassment at Fox News, over king of the indies Matt Cardona. Bloody hell.

Still, I’m sure Billy will love Tyrus sitting on Fox News wearing the belt.

Don’t know where best to discuss this, but…

I’m really hoping that Aldis has a go at WWE.  For me he’s been one of the best things about the NWA revival.  The level of belief in the character is compelling to be, and even though he’s not electric in the ring he is very  solid and hard working.

I’m just curious about whether he could sell that character in front of a WWE audience.  I didn’t think the AEW Cody Rhodes would work in WWE but it actually did because there’s nobody else like that; and so it might  also ring true for Aldis.

He’ll probably crash and burn but he might as well give it a shot and I’m curious as to the result.

5 minutes ago, Loki said:

I’m really hoping that Aldis has a go at WWE.  For me he’s been one of the best things about the NWA revival.  The level of belief in the character is compelling to be, and even though he’s not electric in the ring he is very  solid and hard working.

I’m just curious about whether he could sell that character in front of a WWE audience.  I didn’t think the AEW Cody Rhodes would work in WWE but it actually did because there’s nobody else like that; and so it might  also ring true for Aldis.

He’ll probably crash and burn but he might as well give it a shot and I’m curious as to the result.

Wonder if he'd work best in NXT? Or would that be a step down for him? I agree that he's capable of putting on a compelling character and certainly has something to offer. Just wonder if that might be a better chance for him to succeed. Plus it's a good chance for him to develop even further.

31 minutes ago, Loki said:

There's a rumour there that with the regime change both Nick & Mickie will end up in the WWE. Mickie taking on more of a backstage role. Could see NXT being the best place to begin. Next year's also meant to see NXT Europe launched and they'd need to restock on talent. Depends on what kind of schedule that would be but it could also be attractive.

In the same way that they shouldn’t have put LA Knight in NXT, I can’t see Aldis working in developmental.  He’s far too complete a package and his schtick requires being “a big deal”.

Having said that, him v Bron would be fun.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Personally I've always found Aldis secondary in appeal to watching paint dry or removing my eyes with a blunt needle. 

Always solid but astoundingly dull in every way. 

And a horrible twat in real life as well. 
 Bobby Roode, Nakamura, Owens, Sami, Samoa Joe were all established talents, most with TV experience,  who worked NXT. I could see him on NXT way more then I can on Raw or Smackdown.