NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

The few little bits of their Hard Times PPV I watched had Velvet Sky doing pretty much he same thing. Occasionally she'd start saying something, but it never really amounted to much more than "when I was in TNA he was also in TNA." I wonder whether they'll get more former ROH talent in for their next set of tapings.

• 1 month later...

Cardona's win makes him the 5th NWA champion since Billy Corgan took ownership of the company/brand in 2017, everyone's favourite babyface Tim Storm was nearing the end of his one and only reign at the time of the takeover, Aldis has won it twice with Cody Rhodes and Trevor Murdoch the other two holders.

He also joins a list of champions who had previously had stints in WWE before winning the gold, the first being Ricky Steamboat in 1989 followed by Barry Windham, , Shane Douglas, Ken Shamrock, R Truth, Jeff Jarrett, Raven, Rhino, Christian Cage, Colt Cabana, Rob Conway and the aformentioned Rhodes and Murdoch

Been a fan of Cardona since 2012, he’s left wwe and used the goodwill well when he was planning on leaving a few months later anyway. Tried and failed to get into AEW, then used that to spur himself on with trying new and varied things across all aspects to find a character that works. Just a matter of time before wwe come chasing that buzz like they did with Drew and others, will get a lotta eyes and a loyal money spending fanbase following nwa until they do. Fair play to him 

• Paid Members

He's really found himself over this last year or so. He, Myers and Chelsea appear to be having a lot of fun playing the heel on the other indies, and he's just turned heel in Impact to win the Digital Media title. I wonder whether he'll be allowed to wear the NWA title at No Surrender this coming weekend. 

They've announced the teams for the Crockett Cup and there's not much to be excited about.

1. La Rebellion (Bestia 666 & Mecha Wolf) ***NWA Tag Team Champions***

2. The Briscoes

3. OGK (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett)

4. Doug Williams and Mystery Partner (Nick Aldis is out as he's in the NWA World Title match)

5. Strictly Business (Chris Adonis and Thom Latimer)

6. The Pope and Mims

7. Aron Stevens and Kratos

8. The End (Odinson & Parrow)

9. Hawx Aerie (Luke and PJ Hawx)

10. Dirty Sexy Boys (Dirty Dango & JTG)

11. The Cardonas (Mike Knox and VSK)

12. Gold Rushhh (Jordan Clearwater and Marshe Rockett)

13. The Ill Begotten (2/4 from the group)

14. The Fixers (Jay Bradley and Wrecking Ball Legursky)

15. Mystery Team (Will face the Briscoes)

16. 4 way for the last spot. (Winner will face La Rebellion)

11 minutes ago, mim731 said:

The mystery team is probably the main point of intrigue there for me, although I wouldn't be shocked if they just wheeled out the Rock 'N' Rolls Express again for that spot. 

I would have had more interest if they weren't facing the Briscoes in the First Round. I would be happy for whoever it is to knock out the Briscoes, i'm not sure that will be the case. Making it a one and done.

47 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I wonder whether Doug's mystery partner could be Harry Smith? 

For a deep cut I would like to see 2 Cold Scorpio his former NOAH tag partner. Worryingly, i've been reminded of the existence of Rob Terry and how he used to be a member of the British Invasion in TNA. Billy loves his ex-TNA castoffs.