NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

I haven't kept up with really since COVID and they got gutted, and came back on FITE. Their women's and tag division seems reasonably interesting. The Crockett Cup could be a really good show if they are able to bring in some other outsiders.

Their men's singles division does seem rather cluttered with the exWWE/TNA castoffs. There does seem to be a few unknowns that might breakout like a Ricky Starks or Zicky Dice. Darius Lockhart's promo certainly got some attention from the Hard Times pre-show.

• 4 weeks later...

...first of all, wow. I haven't been here in years. Glad to return tbh! I recall this board being a quality one :).

Unfortunately, ever since the NWA did some really stupid mistakes and went with a pay to watch model I have stopped watching them pretty much. I still catch a glimpse every now and then, but what I see is honestly incredibly disappointing. For example, I like Murdoch as a talent, but world champion material he ain't. and it seems like they quit developing quality talent like they originally did and instead resorted to getting random old wrestlers who were on tv over a decade ago. It is honestly really sad what happened to them, but a lot of it is of their own doing with the decisions they made.

Also, Happy New Year :).

Edited by FFTHEWINNER

• Paid Members

I tried watching Hard Times the other week through nefarious means, and it wasn't a bad show but I don't see what Velvet Sky adds to the commentary. Galli & Tim Storm were doing just fine between them. 

The Powerrr is coming back to Youtube, all be it on a tape delay from the FITE screening. Debuts on FITE on Tuesdays, then comes to Youtube on Fridays.

The new show NWA USA will air on Youtube on Saturdays.

They're now selling an All Access pass type deal on FITE where you get the debuts of the shows and PPVs.

Might get them some buzz again. Still hoping for FTR in the Crockett Cup.

and what I expected from the very first second about the constant PPV model failing miserably has been proven now. good to know. too bad that long long hiatus severely hurt their audience and interest in the show, especially that, as I mentioned a few days ago it became way worse since then. 

• Paid Members

Gave Powerrr a watch this morning and boy oh boy it was rough.

Just the first 10 minutes alone were enough to make me almost turn it off.
The opening theme song is wank, then "Big Strong Mims" who was a jobber last time I watched this cuts one of the worst promos I've seen recently, followed by Tim Storm talking over Velvet Sky every time she tries to speak and her just going "...yeah" as Joe Galli has to read notes to figure out who is in the first match he's announcing because he already can't remember.

I stuck with it though because it used to be great, and oh man this roster is dirt. Wall to wall nobodies who wouldn't even get a jobbing gig on AEW Dark mixed in with a ton of 2006-2011 era WWE lower carders like Mike Knox and JTG. It was fine when there was a few of them filling up spots to get the NWA roster over but now they're the focus and there's a dozen of them. 

It's drastically missing Question Mark, David Marquez and a lot of the presentation it used to have. The crowd which was small pre-pandemic is now smaller and don't seem to want to be there. A depressing drag.

Edited by FelatioLips