NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• 3 weeks later...

Caught a bit of the Crockett Cup, which was a pretty fun event in the end.

Doug Williams' partner was Harry Smith, who looks like a million dollars at the moment.  Wasn't he re-signed by WWE last year, what happened there?

The main event was Matt Cardona v (now face) Nick Aldiss, with Jeff Jarrett as referee.  This was a really, really fun match - reminded me of early TNA era NWA (I think the event being in Nashville helped).  Cardona is a fantastic heel, and the announce team being completely against him helped as well.

NWA is still a mish-mash of local talent, incredibly old WWE midcarders (Mike Knox!!?) and a few absolute hosses.  If you like southern-style wrestling though it's still great - every wrestler on the card more or less is tuned in to the aesthetic and trying to work the right style.

2 minutes ago, Zaheer said:

Just a  cheeky note to say that Nick Aldis new theme tune is in fact "God Save The King" produced by your fellow UKFFer, me 😃

That's good work mate - do you do many wrestling theme tunes?  I always imagine there's a good market for that sort of thing.

1 minute ago, Loki said:

That's good work mate - do you do many wrestling theme tunes?  I always imagine there's a good market for that sort of thing.

Thanks man.

I've done some stuff for Kamille Brickhouse and Kiera Hogan for the indies as well as some other stuff for the NWA.

Working my way through to doing as many as I can for British Wrestlers too 🤞🤞

• 1 month later...

Billy's going full Robert Baratheon on his death bed "Titles, titles, titles"

https://411mania.com/wrestling/billy-corgan-on-possibility-of-nwa-adding-more-titles/

Talk of the US Tag Titles making a return and a Women's TV title.

The NWA already has SEVEN active titles: World's Heavyweight, National, World TV, Jr Heavyweight, World Tag Team for the Men and the World & World Tag Titles for the Women's roster.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Newest Power is free on YouTube. Has Tim Storm vs Nick Aldis in a tournament to wrestle Trevor Murdoch for the title in the first round. He kicks Aldis in the bollocks and Is disqualified. Mike fucking Knox has a bye to the final

That’s me out.

pre pandemic it was the greatest watch in the world. The tag team of James Storm and Eli Drake shouldn’t have worked but it was ace, CW Anderson getting over enough to get a contract, the superb Dave Marquez and Stu Sanders commentary team with Tim Storm and now it’s absolutely fucking unwatchable. The highlight was probably Chris Master’s hair plugs as growing long hair like he has makes that artificial stuff look weird so had some watching value

6 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

Has Tim Storm vs Nick Aldis in a tournament to wrestle Trevor Murdoch for the title in the first round. He kicks Aldis in the bollocks and Is disqualified.

I saw that was booked. Thought back to when that would have been a hot angle. As people were wanting to see Tim Storm get another shot at the title. Then that's what they do with it :(

The Chris Masters v Thom Latimer match was fun though.   NWA might have no direction nowadays but there's usually some good wrestling on it if you like that style.