NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

I enjoyed the return of Power. Hearing the opening theme and seeing the graphics made me smile, it's great to have it back. I'd say it was a decent show, I enjoyed the PPV but at times the production was a bit awkward being live, and there wasn't all that much meat to the PPV in terms of drama or ongoing storylines. It was a decent basic show. This week's Power was better for me as being pre taped it was more polished, the matches were all good and some storylines are being developed. Airing the same adverts two times on the show was annoying, it felt like watching RAW, but in RAWs defence it's three hours, it's another thing to cram filler in a one hour show. But yeah, it's good IMO and it's good to have it back.

Edited by LEGIT

Gave the new Powerrr a go, and I was pretty disappointed. Velvet Sky was really poor on commentary, and, while Tim Storm was decent, I'd much prefer to see him continue on as an active wrestler. Without him, they don't really have that lead babyface you can get behind. 

I almost switched off part-way through the episode, but persisted. It just wasn't very good. I've paid for a subscription, so I'll give them a chance to find their feet for the next month at least, but I'm not feeling optimistic. Also, bring back David Marquez. Kyle Davis was fine...but he didn't fit the general feel of the show in the same way that Marquez did. 

• Paid Members

Velvet Sky & Tim Storm? No Joe Galli? That doesn't sound good. Hopefully they find their feet. 

• Paid Members

You have to think Bully Ray is going to turn up at some point, or someone owed him a favour. Can't think of any other reason at all Velvet Sky would get any sort of job there. 

7 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

You have to think Bully Ray is going to turn up at some point, or someone owed him a favour. Can't think of any other reason at all Velvet Sky would get any sort of job there. 

I hope that's the case. They could really do with someone as interesting as Bully at the moment. 

My worry is that Corgan is going for a slightly "cooler" look/approach. Hence Storm's apparent retirement, Marquez being replaced by Kyle Davis, and Sky being used as a commentator. The show, understandably, felt different. But some of the changes they've chosen to make didn't have to be made. 

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I hope that's the case. They could really do with someone as interesting as Bully at the moment. 

My worry is that Corgan is going for a slightly "cooler" look/approach. Hence Storm's apparent retirement, Marquez being replaced by Kyle Davis, and Sky being used as a commentator. The show, understandably, felt different. But some of the changes they've chosen to make didn't have to be made. 

To be honest I think the entire return has been constant mis-steps. Some of the more important talent is gone, they put on a PPV before the return of the weekly shows so you had to lay down full price on good faith alone, the weekly shows now being a subscription model, and the new talent they have being quite shite.
I loved NWA Power and was excited for Tuesday nights but now I couldn't care less about it. I already pay for AEW Plus but they put on at worst an above average show every week, and it's two hours. I can't justify paying the same price for less star power, poorer quality, one hour less, for something that was free. Plus if you want small time NWA wrestling, there's a bunch of the NWA subdivisions on Fite for free featuring some of the same talent.

Edited by FelatioLips

You see I don't think the return has been bad, not great though by any means, but not bad. Some of the negatives for other are positives for me. I like that it's just an hour long show. I still like the small studio and other parts of the production. We're only on week one so there's plenty of time for storylines to shape up and for other things, like Tim Storm getting involved in the action maybe? I do agree the roster is extremely depleted and much more meat needs to be added. I'd like some promo time for the new wrestlers and hopefully they are talented enough to establish themselves like the others did. Hopefully too we'll see some more tag teams turn up.

Edited by LEGIT

Gave it another go this week. Aside from realising that Darren Young/Fred Rosser is a better wrestler than I gave him credit for, this week's episode was a slog to get through - the complete opposite of how I used to feel about Power. I really do hope the company can find its feet, but I'm done with it for now, I think. 

59 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Gave it another go this week. Aside from realising that Darren Young/Fred Rosser is a better wrestler than I gave him credit for, this week's episode was a slog to get through - the complete opposite of how I used to feel about Power. I really do hope the company can find its feet, but I'm done with it for now, I think. 

I thought it was ok, maybe a bit better than last week but still way off old form. Aldis for me remains head and shoulders above everyone as an absolute pro, a great interview and personality. I thought I was someone who'd enjoy Austin Idol but he's been taking over segments and annoying so far. The women in the women's match seemed very green. Kamille and Thunder Rosa are still great imo. The spine of the promotion are still all good to watch, it's just that the spine is very depleted compared to the last few years.

Edited by LEGIT