NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

I think what they're offering is different enough from the other promotions that it's still a worthy investment of my time. I just like something simple and an easy watch.

Whether their best days are past them or not - only time will tell. They're definitely in a rebuilding phase so it'll be interesting to see how it goes. I hope they managed to recapture some of that magic they had as I did genuinely enjoy it for quite some time.

• Paid Members

Given Corgan's resources, I think there's still time for them to turn things around and get back to being an entertaining watch again.

This era, wrestling-wise, is a really intriguing one, because there's now an emergent "mid-level" scene of super-indie promotions globally led by AEW and occasionally supplemented by NJPW, CMLL, and AAA. Basically, it seems to be a new age of co-operation; not exactly a return to the territory system, but chances are we'll probably see this become a circuit around which numerous talent transfer from roster to roster, or simply do brief guest feuds.

It's certainly a great time for fans looking for an easily-available alternative to WWE.

• Paid Members

Here's my problem with the move of Powerrr to a pay model: I enjoy studio wrestling and angles/promos/hype for upcoming matches. But I'm not paying money to watch somebody try to convince me to spend more money to see Damien Sandow main event.

Edited by JNLister

2 hours ago, JNLister said:

Here's my problem with the move of Powerrr to a pay model: I enjoy studio wrestling and angles/promos/hype for upcoming matches. But I'm not paying money to watch somebody try to convince me to spend more money to see Damien Sandow main event.

Ah man I do think you're being a bit negative, no-one is paying to see Stevens based upon the WWE run- he was one of the most entertaining acts on Power. And given the sad events leading up to the PPV, he's a more than fitting opponent for Aldis. 

Edited by LEGIT

11 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

If there’s one person I don’t want to watch do a “no gimmicks” gimmick it’s Aron Stevens, the man known for gimmicks.

I would normally agree but given the circumstances I think it's understandable

Edited by LEGIT

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

I would normally agree but given the circumstances I think it's understandable

Oh aye I understand it, but I'm not going to pay to watch it. I still stand by that they should have done a few episodes of Power before asking for a PPV buy.

• Paid Members

I'm invested in Aldis as a champion. He's not the greatest around at the moment, but one thing he's managed to do is cultivate a "big-time" feel about himself and anything he's involved in. Good promos - one thing I like about them, and it's something surprisingly uncommon given the number of decent promo guys around right now, is how he's able to "make it personal" between him and his opponent. He gets some decent jabs in, but also delivers them well enough to make them work, like when he basically called Ricky Morton a "Randy The Ram" - the "oohhhh" from the crowd was audible.

EDIT: In fact, it's a shame Mr. Anderson isn't much cop in any other departments, because he was another one who was good at doing "personal" promos and verbal jabs. I remember him getting a gasp from the crowd in TNA when he got in Hogan's face and said "Well, why don't you do something about it, Terry?!" Nobody would want a feud between Aldis and Anderson, but I bet the verbal sparring would be fun.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I thought Wade Barrett was much better than Cornette, although they've obviously lost him now too.

TBH for me its not even a case of anyone being 'better' than Cornette.

He was just that perfect and legitimate link to late 1980's NWA and I liked hearing his voice on the show in the same way that I don't really care how bad or not Jim Ross is these days, hearing him and Schiavone on Dynamite just sounds 'right.'

Edited by garynysmon

Nah, Cornette still sounds like a human being with real emotions etc. JR in 2021 sounds like a depressed southern cyborg hoping for nuclear war and has no place on TV. He is only a detriment to whatever is being presented.

I think JR calling quick fun squash matches and reacting to quick segments would actually be the kind of thing he would thrive at compared to long, live shows full of storylines and styles of matches that don’t appeal to him. But that’s where the money is. 

I’m glad to see NWA back. It lost me towards February of last year but I’d like to see Aldis and co have to carve out something that feels important. This time it feels like they really do have to make a bit of a splash to survive after losing all of their momentum. 

12 minutes ago, Sexy Dad said:

I’m glad to see NWA back. It lost me towards February of last year but I’d like to see Aldis and co have to carve out something that feels important. This time it feels like they really do have to make a bit of a splash to survive after losing all of their momentum

It lost me too actually. The Danny Deals/Momma Storm stuff was pretty terrible. Perhaps the change of booker will wind up being beneficial. 

They shouldn't have changed the theme toon, but changing it back is a good move.

I don't think involving RoH was their greatest idea, even if it brought more eyeballs.

Not to say the talents weren't decent, but it diluted the old time vibe of the brand.

Hope they can make it work, 2019-20 Powerrr at its best was very enjoyable.